• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Found a great way to clean parts...

49willys

I have found a great way to clean parts.

5 gallon metal bucket, simple green and an engine block heater.

Put the parts in, plug in the heater and come back in 4 days....shines like it just came out of the factory...

70deuce

If you want to live by yourself try the dishwasher. It does a great job also and takes less than 4 days. But if you use it you will probably have 4 days to get out of the house!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: UPDATE

I would think that humidity in the dishwater wouldn't be good for steel tools like that. Might start the formation of rust on bare metal. Let us know how it turns out, and post AFTER pics.

I know sitting in an aluminum bin filled with kerosene does a great job removing grease and grime, but that involves time, and kerosene ain't cheap anymore...

I also know the dishwasher IS great for removing the finish, gunk and grime from old rifle stocks, and the heat and humidity helps to fix and dents and dings in the wood, the wood swells and a light sand afterwards makes the wood look like new.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: UPDATE

Rich, What the heck were you eating? :shock: I can see a security deposit lost here! :popcorn:

scooter01922

RE: Re: RE: UPDATE

Maybe its just me but all my tools have a nice finish of oil and grime, grubby sure, but they will never rust. If i washed them i doubt they would last anywhere near as long. All my projects are greasy anyway and i clean em up after i finish wrenching so whats the point of clean tools??

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

How long is your wash cycle? Where's the AFTER pictures?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: UPDATE

Offroadfabworks said:
doghead said:
Rich, What the heck were you eating? :shock: I can see a security deposit lost here! :popcorn:

I knew it was going to be a matter of a couple mins till someone would post up that they are using a dishwasher to was tools :lol:
2 words:

Government Housing.........

ida34

I know a lot of people use a dishwasher to clean firearm parts. Now in my house though. My aunt and uncle had an electronics assembly business and they used a regular dishwasher to clean the boards after they were assembled. They are very good at degreasing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks