• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M151 tire size?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: M151 tire size

With 7.50x16, you are adding 1 inch to the overall diameter of the tire. So, figure on 1/2 inch on each side of center. If most of your driving is on pavement or hardpack dirt, no problem, but just keep an eye out for fender rubbing if you flex the suspension at all offroad.

FrankUSMC

RE: M151 tire size

I have some tires mounted on rims off the Marines "super jeeps", they were 750:16.
The super jeeps were M151 that the Marines fixed up as fast attack jeeps, loaded with firepower and lots of ammo. They put bigger tires on them, but the neat part was, the ones I saw looked like the unit did all the work on the jeep. No millon dallor contract to build them, the full roll cages were just heavy duty pumping pipe, the extra MG mounts were mounts that were modified. Just low dallor, Marines working with what they had and making it work.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks