• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Can delima

Cdub

For some time now I've been trying to get my water can and teepee working properly. I would like to be able to open the small spout and wash pots, pans, and our hands with a nice little flow of water out of the small spout. All I get is a short period of water and it stops coming out.........???.......

How would this water can be used properly with the teepee set up..........??....I'm sure there is a proper way to use it for what I need with out doing some major or if any modifications to the spouts on the cap.....

Thanks,

C'dub

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh Craig, surely washing your hands in public and letting the "grey" water run on the sidewalk will not be allowed in your neighborhood! What are you trying to start here? Next you'll be setting up a latrine in your back yard! :lol:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Hey boss, the teepee is actually made for fuel cans for use with heaters.

We have used them with hand washing before but we put in a faucet design on them.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: Water Can delima

doghead said:
Oh Craig, surely washing your hands in public and letting the "grey" water run on the sidewalk will not be allowed in your neighborhood! What are you trying to start here? Next you'll be setting up a latrine in your back yard! :lol:
That's as funny as he double tooth picks dog head!!

sprucemt

RE: Re: RE: Water Can delima

At that angle, the vent needs a tube that goes to the bottom of the can similar to the fuel adapter for the stoves.

sprucemt

RE: Re: RE: Water Can delima

C'dub, don't give it to medlog, when positioned as in pic 2, just drill a hole in the bottom of the can. It will work great. I have plenty of cans up here you can buy.

Cdub

Re: RE: Re: RE: Water Can delima

medlog said:
Craig, give up and just give it all to me.
I think I like this idea the best...........Hahahaha.......

To bad the larger spout is not the same as a garden hose.....!!

I just tried some copper tubing and it's a real pain in the butt when everything
needs to turn. Even when making the vent hole in the smaller spout fit the tube
it made it difficult to turn and open it.....uhmmmmmm.......

Dunno.......??

C'dub

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Water Can delima

use a though cap fitting, on the inside put on a piece of rubber fuel hose on the fitting, on the other end of the hose attach a float just before the end. this way theres no problen putting the cap on and when you turn the can upside dpwn the float will bring the hose up out of the water and act as a vent. you could have a thread on cap on the fitting out side of the can cap to keep dirt and bugs out when your not useing your water can

Cdub

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Water Can delima

Offroadfabworks said:
that A3 just looks nice in the background

Oh SNAP………….!!!!

Excuse Me SIR……..That’s an M925a2 United States Marine Corp. Five ton Cargo…..SIR……….!!!!

They chew off the cabs of A3’s and have them for brunch and run over there bodies with their Detroit lockers.

Maddog , please forgive him…..He knows not what he says……

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah………………..!!!!

seyall,

C’dub

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Water Can delima

C'dub--the little knob is supposed to be the vent to let air in so the water will flow out the big hole. That's for normal pouring operation, never seen them left upside down on a tripod like that. Change the angle so it's more horizontal than vertical and it might work better. (like setting it on a tailgate)

Cdub

She is a Working……!!!

With a little time and some thought. I finally came up with something that I thought would work out very well. I was at first wanting to use some sort of copper tubing, clear PVC, or even some black pipe. This is what I came up with for the ultimate solution for releasing the air pressure build up at the top of the water tank.

The idea is to keep it as long as possible because when opening the larger spout you will loose all the water that will be above the vent tube.

I’m using the large spout for the vent and the smaller one for the draw of water. A ½” nipple that is 1 1/2” long worked out very well with out having the collar bottoming out in the cap. The over all length from the bottom of the cap should be no longer them 1.5’ long to reach a close tolerance to the bottom of the water can.

I’m sure this could have been done ten different ways. This way seemed to work out well for myself with the materials I had except for the brass 1/2 “ nipple.

seya,

C’dub

Attachments

Cdub

art said:
Bout time!! Told you--

Wish we had that set up in Coe Hill!!

But it will come in handy at Gilbert!

Hahahaha.........Yes you did.........and that's what got me think'n.....

now KP duty won’t be such a chore……Hahahaha

Cheers,

C'dub

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks