• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need FMTV Spare Tire Carrier

ABN173

Ok I must be in the dark here.....Can you even buy a surplus FMTV/LMTV yet? I thought the answer is no, in fact I just read a FMTV/LMTV thread about that. So what's the deal Wehring, is this a personal vehicle, or for work? If it's for work then I would think there would be other sources to find replacement parts.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple got out - I remember seeing the auctions on GL. BUT - they were really scrap condition, victims of fire, rollovers, etc. I'm sure more get out via the scrap contracts, but they also require scrapping.

The FTMV series is too new to be surplussed at all yet. When the value of them goes down, maybe then they will get out more often.

For the high-tech folks who need the most recent stuff, looks like for now you'll have to be satisfied with the M35A3 and the M939 series of 5-tons. Them's the latest and greatest you can get.

JDToumanian

Have you tried ISO Parts? They are usually among the first results when you Google the NSN number for the part you're after. They may want crazy money for it, but it's worth a shot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks