• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello, New guy from S.E. Pennsylvania.

OLDCHEV4X4

Hello all, I've been lurking here for a while and thought it was time to join.
I'm Randy and i live in S.E. Pennsylvania in the town of Wagontown.
Although i dont currently have any MV's, it is on my list of "Things i Want to Buy". We live close to Annville and i look at the cucv's for sale on GL and wish i had one. Some day soon i'm gonna try it before they are all sold. I want a M1008.
As far as off roading, I used to race in the EMRA (eastern mud racing association) back in the late 80's early 90's. In a 1972 chevy shortbed truck.
Then i tryed some dirt drag racing in the EC4WDA (east coast 4 wheel drive association) in a 1972 chevy Blazer.
Currently i'm doing off road racing at the Line Mt Race Track in Dornsife Pa. In....what else..a 1969 chevy blazer.
You might notice a trend here....I like old chevy's. My Grandfathers, (wwII vets) got me started on the old chevy's.
If i can be of any help to anyone in the area, or someone that is passing thru, just let me know.
Thanks, Randy.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to our SS family! You will a ton of knowledge here. I like old Chevy Blazers too. I came really close to buying a 1970 K5 back in the 90's, but unfortunately the previous owner was a real goon and butchered it beyond hope.

OLDCHEV4X4

Thanks for the warm welcome.
jcappeljr, looks like you have a big collection of BIG trucks. Where is Delta?
Seems to be alot of people from PA, NJ, DE.

OLDCHEV4X4

Thanks Dave, I've been to your site and it looks like you do some nice work. And close to me too.
jcappeljr, I used to race at a place near you called Felton. And Kingsdale. Ever been there?
Steelsoldiers, This site has really grown. I was here back when it was CUCV site. 2 thumbs up.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome to the Steel Soldiers Family.

You will find an M1008 to be an amazing truck. I too have GM roots and find that if you treat them right they give you your moneys worth. I live just south of you but am currently on a deployment about 9,000 miles away. I hope that you think about attending the Rauch Creek Rally as they are great fun and a good place to put faces with old friends from the site.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, welcome! EC4WDA huh? Looks like we have something in common. Used to attend Gravelrama from time to time, guess been there about 25 times (years). JW4x4 is a huge early blazer fanatic and worked for NMRO for quite a while. Welcome to Steel Soldiers my brother.

Rickyoday

Hi Randy,
Welcome to the site! The CUCV, in my opinion, is the most "user friendly" military vehicle available! They have heat, power steering, power brakes, do highway speed easily, and have the majority of their parts available at your local auto parts store. Since you're obviously a fan of the "Blazer", an M1009 should be an easy transition into this addiction...I mean, hobby. Oh yeah, I'm about 15-20 minutes South of you, off RT 41, and just happen to have a few M1009's available for "adoption". I know it's a shameless plug, but I couldn't resist. If you can't make Rauch Creek in October, there's the September 19-20 RED BALL Show in Gilbert, PA, or a good local show in Pottstown, GPA MVHS's Jake's Flea Market Show, October 18th. Check-em out!
Rick

M37Dodge

Howdy

This is a great forum. Sort of like the old BigElectric M37 forum.

I'm nearby in E-Town. Jeff HAines - Front Line Military Vehicles usually has your trucks/parts in Wrightsville (w/in 1 hr). Coleman's Surplus should be really close to you and they sometimes have truck ($$$). Both of them have websites.

I would stick with GL if $$ is tight and you can do your own repairs. In addition to GL, don't forget the GSA auctions - they sell the military surplus stuff too - usually after it breaks:(

OLDCHEV4X4

Chaplain, i guess you wouln't be going to Rausch Creek. I would like to go, but i dont have a MV.

Recovry4x4, I never went to Gravelrama, But ive read the magazines and watched the video's. And heard other 4 wheelers talk about it. Also did a NMRO race at Bloomsburg one year.

Rickyoday, I like the M1009 too because i can fit the whole family, but i want a M1008 for the GVWR and the ability to tow. And i think they look cool.
I go thru Cochranville often, on my way to Grandads place. He's on 926 just east of 10. Would like to got to Rauch Creek, but i have no green. I would feel out of place in my blue Blazer. Cant go to Gilbert, I'm racing at Line Mt Race track that weekend. And Jakes is the same weekend as Maple Grove swap meet.

jcappeljr, sounds like your into the old chevys too. I cant seem to get 1 restoration done let alone 2.

M37dodge, I've been to Coleman's. Cool place and its on the way to where i race. I will check out those sites too.

powerhouseduece

RE: Don

i wish that you would have joined earlyer..... in order to get my duece i had to srap a 1978 civy blazer (still have some parts for sale) spare front d60 for chevys. also i sold my 1987 4x4 k30 crew cab, and my 1988 12v cummins 4x4 with a 5 spd. i was a chevy kid myself

OLDCHEV4X4

Powerhouse, Darn....Its like when i go to the shore and go fishing, "You should have been here yesterday." Scrap prices are up, and i see good trucks getting crushed. It sucks, but we cant save them all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks