• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Auxiliary gauges

Warren Lovell

Does anyone have "real gauges" hooked up on their CUCVs? I would like to know what the motor is doing and hate the idiot lights that usually come on when it is too late.

Are there locations to put sending units for the coolant temp gauge and oil pressure?

Warren

dilvoy

You will have idiot light sensors in place of gauge sensors. The idiot light sensors are on/off switches and the gauge sensors vary the electrical resistance to run a gauge. You might want use a "T" so you can keep the oil idiot light as well as having a gauge.

mangus580

I have plans to graft factory guages into mine, and use maybe LED's in the back of factory gauges to keep idiot lights as well... When I get a round-tuit that is...

White Lightening

Dilvoy, what exactly do you mean by running a "T" on the idiot oil gauge. Do I not need to run any more wire for an oil gauge, just simpley splice off the idiot gauge? And what about installing a temperature gauge? Thanks ahead of time for what could be pretty naive questions.

Joseph

dilvoy

You sould need to remove the idoit light sensor, which is an on/off tyoe sender and in that hole install a 2' pipe. Then onto this pipe you can install a Tee and on the tee, you would install the idiot light sender and the sender for your electric oil pressure gauge. You could also run a mechanical oil pressure gauge which has a small adaptor that would go into one of the openings of the tee and to that a small hose is attached which takes the oil to the gauge. I like the mechanical oil gauges as they give the pressure in real time. Just be shure that the little hose doesn't rub on anything sharp or it may spring a leak and make a mess. The pipe and tee can usually be found in any hardware store. I usually use brass, because it looks good. The threads are a fine pitch and you can bring in your old sending unit to find the correct parts. YOu can also just forget about the idiot light and put an oil gauge where the red oil light is. I prefer to have the light as an added safety device.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks