• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ww2 international 4x4 fire truck

res0wc18

hey guys i need some pictures of the international 4x4 fire trucks to help me identify mine. Its an IH its got the unique hood slats all the ways down.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Are you the fellow that spoke with me at the Portland convention about these? If you followed up with the fellow I recommended - GREAT. If not, I'm afraid the chance is gone, Mr. Adelman passed away last week.

Here are a couple of photos I copied from his collection years ago - hope they help.

Regards,
David Doyle

Attachments

FrankUSMC

That is the FFN-3 crash truck, used by the Marines and Navy up into the 1950s. Great trucks.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

res0wc18

well heres the thing, mine has a pump on the front not a winch. but the body looks the same. Mine is a closed cab like picture number one.

I am not the man at the portland convention. But i think i know who you are talking about.

Im trying to find out if my truck came from the factory this way or if it was modified.

does anyone know what bell house pattern the trannys have?

res0wc18

well guys after some research its the truck in the first picture. Get this though i got a phone call last night and it looks like i have the chance to possibly buy the same truck or maybe an FFN-3 open cab type that starts right up and runs and drives.

My question is where am i going to get parts for the truck i own. The FFN-1?

I need some info on where i can get material for parts etc for the engine tranny brakes etc etc.

thanks as always.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks