• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Approved

wsucougarx

FM5332FF said:
Im going to be on my way to pick up my M1028 next wednesday in Portsmouth Va, My Euc was approved in less than 20 days.
Outstanding!!! Mine was exactly 20 days to PAID IN FULL invoice. Mine was first as well. Pick up my deuce tomorrow. Wish me luck, it will be a solo recovery. I'll have to leave my car on base while I drive my truck home. Then catch a ride back to base to get my car. No one wanted to wake up at 0600 hrs with so I can bear two trips

FM5332FF

well, i wont have to wory about the troopers on the way there becase im going to fly up, im going to then go pick up the truck and bring it to a friends house that lives close by and depending on how everything runs im either going to drive it back here to florida or fly back home and get my duramax and tow it home. either way it will get back here. so we will see, i will post when it gets here, im going to go get in on the 17th

Somemedic

Submission of EUC Pending 08/14/2008
EUC revisions needed 08/18/2008
EUC sent to Battle Creek 08/25/2008
Approved 09/08/2008

Well now, looks like were all going on a road trip soon... congrats and best wishes

wsucougarx said:
FM5332FF said:
Im going to be on my way to pick up my M1028 next wednesday in Portsmouth Va, My Euc was approved in less than 20 days.
Outstanding!!! Mine was exactly 20 days to PAID IN FULL invoice. Mine was first as well. Pick up my deuce tomorrow. Wish me luck, it will be a solo recovery. I'll have to leave my car on base while I drive my truck home. Then catch a ride back to base to get my car. No one wanted to wake up at 0600 hrs with so I can bear two trips
do you have a loading dock or deep ditch near where your taking it to. most bases have a loading dock. Load the car up and haul it home. We always haul our transport truck home. makes it nice if you cant find a driver to go also

FM5332FF

IM HOME

All went well, my flight left Ft Myers at 0600 and flew to Atlanta, we had a short layover in atlanta and then we were off to Norfolk VA, We arrived to Norfolk around 1100 and then took a taxi to the drmo. I got to portsmouth drmo around 1200 to pick up my M1028 we talked to the guys for a little bit and then were off to check the truck, it turned over but wasnt starting, the rep for GL said he knows a shop locally that will hook me up and change the fluids and get it started again for me, so we had it towed to the shop, and when i got there they started to work on it right away, i told them that i think it might not be starting because of the glow plugs, because it tryed to start one time and then it would not, so we checked the glow plug relay and thats what it was, so shortly after a guy from the parts store was there with my new relay, we installed and it cranked right up, sounds like a brand new truck. so the guys finished changing all the fluids and then we were off. It was around 1600 when we left the shop, the truck had a full tank and it was ready to roll, we drove for about two hours and then stopped for dinner. I kept driving untill around 2300 then my dad took over for a little, around 0100 we stopped at a hotel to get some rest. the next morning we woke up around 0800 and got a bite to eat. then we were off to south carolina. the drive was nice we were crusing at 55mph and taking it easy, we then passed though south carolina and then georgia, we were finally in our state of florida, but it was the longest part of the day. we made it all the way to lake placid then jonny law decided to pull me over, i didnt have a tag on the truck, but i did have insurance on it. he looked at my licence and seen my fire department id in my wallet so he asked to see my badge so i handed it to him, he then turned around and walked back to his car to call his sgt, so he then came back to the truck and asked if he could check the vin, just to make sure it wasnt stolen, so i said sure there wont be a history of the truck though. so he called dispatch and dispatch said that there was no history, at this time there was another officer there, and he was asking about the truck and where i got it. so i let him know how he could get one of his own and we shot the breese for about 30 minutes and the other officer gave me my badge and licence back and off we were again, i was only about an hour away from home now on the final streatch. we arrived to my house at 2100 and my we cleaned our trash out of the truck and the trip was over, the truck ran like a top the whole way home, we didnt have one problem. so now to have fun with the truck, im going to repaint it od green and airbrush a ace of spades on the doors. then lift it 12" and replace the stock tires with 39.5 boggers, im going to leave the rest stock, rather than hydraulic assist steer. so thats that

FM5332FF

nah, the dana 60 and 12 bolt should be able to handle the tires fine. i know a bunch of guys running the same combo in thier trucks, we dont do much rock crawling here and most of the offroading i do is either sugar sand or mud.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks