• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97 and PA Title

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After 3 months at PENDOT, I got my title today. However the serial number on the title is not the serial nuumber of the vehicle. It is SF97XXXXXXXXX which is the SF97 document number!! I called PENDOT and they said that is the procedure. I can't accept this. If I ever sell this, someone is gonna balk as the VIN plate doesn't match the title. Any other PA guys have this?

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine too but the year is off by one. Serial # they got correct though. Keep after them. I had an M1009 I bought from GSA that kept coming back rejected through the state. Finally found out that the Forestry Dept had 4 vehicles with the same serial # because who knows why but after a good notary pursued it it got fixed and got the correct title. Probably best to take it to a local tag service/notary and see what they advise. Good Luck.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I get all my title work done in Dundalk and the women know me by now. They just type in the Vin I write on the form that is required when they see it is the same on the SF97 Good titles every time. Make sure and keep it insured.

I had a bad experience having registered all my vehicles so that neigbors would not complain about unregistered vehicles in the yard but did not insure them since they would not be leaving the yard till I retire.

Deployed to Bosnia and came back to thousands of dollars in fines for uninsured vehicles. Got it all straightened out after insuring them and explaining that were I grew up the insurance was not required if the vehicle never got on the road.

Wound up paying about $150 dollar fine over all so it was not so bad but a good lesson.

Crazyguypa

I've never had a problem getting my truck or any of my trailers done. The local notary who handles the paperwork still hates doing it since they actually have to think about what they are doing and have to actually spend 10 mins to do some work. I have usually gotten my title back from the state within 3 weeks with no errors.

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see you are in York. I get all my stuff done at Runkles. They aren't the friendliest nor the cheapest, but they've dealt with my trucks and trailers on occasion. The procedure changes depending on who is behind the desk, so I will warn you. Now I have to have an inspection station verify in writing by signing photographs, that the SF97/FL Title matches the vin plate. That's a first.

I usually use Runkles in Red Lion, but did use the Roosevelt office once or twice.

I like Brimmers too in south York, but they were completely confused by what I was trying to do and basically sent me away. Otherwise I think they have better customer service than Runkles.

Just my .02

I have had problems with PennDOT on too numerous occasions. They make mistakes all the time. With a trailer, they gave me the paperwork for someone elses trailer and now all my stuff from GL is lost in PennDOT somewhere.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Called PENNDOT

Well, PENNDOT tells me they messed up BUT, it will cost me $22 and a trip to the State Police to fix it! They tell me ONLY the Police can now verify the VIN, since there is a problem, even though they have all the paperwork at PENNDOT with the proper VIN. The Police must now verify all the paperwork and the VIN plate. On top of that, I can't make an appointment with the police, just come by and hope someone has the time to do it.

Angus1

RE: Called PENNDOT

It only takes a minute show him or her the one on the frame and the one on the dash, there is almost always somebody there. I got finger prints on the first try. Not because I was in hand cuffs.

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fixed!

Took copies of my original papers to PENNDOT. I am only 20 mins away from Harrisburg. Showed them my papers, including the SF-97, they pulled their files and wala, they admitted their mistake and gave me a title and registration with the correct info. No fee and no trip to the State Police!

dedgar301

PENNDOT and Title Issues

Took off work today to run up to Harrisburg to get titlework for the M1028 and M1008. Seems PA will no longer accept the transfer FL assignment. This may be recent or it may be that I got the wrong clerk. Anyway, GL has to get an actual title from FL to proceed so I am sending my blue paperwork back to GL tomorrow to get this squared away. If you are from PA, make sure to "remind" GL to send you an actual title so you won't have to go through this same thing. I was hoping to use the truck on friday to pick up the motorcycle I just bought on GL from TX since it is all crated up and weighs over 900 pounds all packed up. Looks like I will have to go to plan b. :roll:

kc5mzd

Here in TX you can watch them enter the info. They give you your reg papers and plate. They tell you to make sure everything is ok before you leave. If it is wrong they just pull it back up on their computer and fix it. Of course by that time you already have everyone’s supervisors supervisor calling Austin trying to figure out how to deal with it he sf97 the out of state transfer and antique military plate registration. So far TX is by far the best DMV to deal with out of all the states I have lived in. Living in a military town probably also helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks