• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Class 135 Crash Truck

jasonjc

Any good info on the 530's. I know some of us here have them. And I'm trying to get another one. Are you getting info for a book maybe???

milfireguy

I am doing research on the original Class 530 manufactured in 1945. This would be the granddaddy of the 530A, 530B and 530C. Seems 24 of these trucks were produced on the GMC 2 1/2 ton, 6x6 chassis. Information from the Corps of Engineers records from the era indicates the contract for the fire body was awarded to "McCabe-Powers Auto Body Company in St. Louis. McCabe-Powers also built truck bodies and trailers for the Army during the war including moble photo labs and shoe repair trailers. Information in Army TM 9-2800, Oct 47 indicates the the Class 530 body was constructed by General Detroit, while the C of E records say different. There were also an unknown number of Class 530s built by the Central Fire Equipment Co. around 1950, but I have been unable to locate records for those trucks. As far as a book, I would like to do something in the future. I have a data base of Army fire apparatus from 1932-1950 with some 8000 entries covering the 10,000 fire trucks built by and for the Army during that period.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks