• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC Invoices

USMilitarySurplus

I wasn't sure if this had been brought up yet, but in the future, invoices for BQ sales [items that require completion of an EUC] will be posted to customer accounts. They were previously emailed to customers.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
You forgot to mention that accounts would be charged as soon as the invoice was emailed, and prior to EUC approval.....

dm22630

Re: RE: EUC Invoices

FMJ said:
You forgot to mention that accounts would be charged as soon as the invoice was emailed, and prior to EUC approval.....
FMJ ---> NOT a personal attack at you. Just seemed like a fitting time to respond to this issue.

I really dont know why everyone thinks that this is such a bad thing. WHO has really gotten denied for an EUC here? One or two people?? I mean, yeah it is a pain to wait on the govt, BUT they are selling you stuff for EXTREMELY CHEAP prices.

Personally I think that is is GOOD! And here is why.....

People WONT BID unless they actually have money now to waste! So you wont get into a bidding war with someone who is "planning" on getting the money before the EUC clears or will just let it go back & let their account get suspended when they dont have the cash.

AND.....you wont have people that win a bid, then realize....."geee.....it costs more than $500 to ship a M35A2 1,000 miles??", then let it go back.

As much as everyone here whines constantly about GL's business practices, they should open their eyes & see the big picture. 2cents

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: EUC Invoices

I don't mind paying for something I bid on, IF, I can pick it up when I am charged for it. The problem is GL's poor customer service. Even before this latest change in policy, GL would bill customers cards and then send out the invoice when they got around to it.....

They also accept payment in forms other than credit cards, such as certified checks, and bank transfers....

I've gone around and around with Live chat operators who notoriously don't have any answers....such as, "do you have my EUC?", "no please send it again", and again, and again.... EUC status that is not updated for days/weeks.... I have had multiple occasions where my EUC status went from "submission pending", to "payment collected" and still did not have my invoice....

So please don't lecture me about "The Big Picture", nothing personal.

Oh, and please hold the shop somewhere else comments, I have, and GSA is a first rate outfit to deal with.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

And BTW, whats different? if someone bids who can't afford, or underestimated shipping, the end result is the same, the item is relisted.....IF the second highest bidder was afforded the opportunity to claim the item it would be a little more palatible....but I have my own ideas why GL does not operate that way....

dm22630

Not lecturing you at all. I am sorry if you took it that way. Since this is a relatively new thread, I thought that many people would read it & then respond accordingly.

My post was directed at those people (on this site & others), that bid, win, then back out.....because they did NOT do thier homework prior to bidding, or didnt have the money & then let the lot go back.

Since all GL does to people that bid & then backout, is close their accounts, this streamlines the process to get items relisted & sold to paying bidders. Since before they wouldnt know if they were getting paid until months after an auction, now they can know within days OR yank the sale & relist it now.

This must have something to do with the new contract that GL signed with DRMO. They only have a limited amount of days to process/sell/remove an item before they get charged a per-day lot rent fee to DRMO.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

No offense taken, But in the case of a bidder who does not have the funds, or backs out, why the second highest bidder is not awarded the lot. seems like it would save alot of time....

Floyd

Daniel: I want to ask if you’re on prescription meds but that wouldn’t be proper. Few sane people wish to tie up their money with a non-government entity that is strictly in business for profit and is rude, obnoxious and does not belong in the business their in. If and when the Government can figure that out then perhaps and only then will we all benefit?

Further more if all of this is just a waste of money for those that have nothing more to do than aimlessly sit and bid against another SS and squander monies then may I suggest another hobby.

Don’t ask how I really feel about paying for something you don’t own.

Floyd

dm22630

Re: RE: Re: RE: EUC Invoices

FMJ said:
And BTW, whats different? if someone bids who can't afford, or underestimated shipping, the end result is the same, the item is relisted.....IF the second highest bidder was afforded the opportunity to claim the item it would be a little more palatible....but I have my own ideas why GL does not operate that way....

What is different is....

#1 (OLD WAY) - Bidder wins auction for $2000. Sends off EUC, then checks shipping. Finds out shipping is more than they want to pay. BACKS OUT, no $$$ transferred, account suspended.

#2 (NEW WAY) - Bidder wins auction for $2000. Gets charged $2000. Send off EUC, then checks shipping. Finds out shipping is more than they want to pay. Backs out --- LOSES default fee!

Its the same idea with cops giving people speeding tickets. If you knew you would not get a ticket, but only a warning each time that you got pulled over.....would you slow down?? NO!

BUT....since you know it will cost you $$$, you let your foot off the gas.

Bottom line ---> MONEY TALKS

2cents

FMJ said:
No offense taken, But in the case of a bidder who does not have the funds, or backs out, why the second highest bidder is not awarded the lot. seems like it would save alot of time....
I agree 100%

Floyd said:
Daniel: I want to ask if you’re on prescription meds but that wouldn’t be proper. Few sane people wish to tie up their money with a non-government entity that is strictly in business for profit and is rude, obnoxious and does not belong in the business their in. If and when the Government can figure that out then perhaps and only then will we all benefit?

Further more if all of this is just a waste of money for those that have nothing more to do than aimlessly sit and bid against another SS and squander monies then may I suggest another hobby.

Don’t ask how I really feel about paying for something you don’t own.

Floyd
No meds ;)

Have you ever bought something special order? They dont order it for you, then let you pay when it gets here (unless it is Lowes or something).

AND....it IS a waste of money to people who bid & back out! They are the ones driving UP prices for everyone. I do not appreciate what you are insinuating.

ragedracer

FMJ said:
From a business point of view it is probably a lot easier to just click relist than try to get ahold of the #2 bidder, who may not even want the item anymore. Plus, it's probably financial. If they got $2000 on the bid, why let it go for $1800 when they can put it up again and hopefully get the $2000 bid again!

rr

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: EUC Invoices

Ok, charge the 25% default fee upfront, then the balance upon EUC approval, but they won't do that either.....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

ragedracer said:
FMJ said:
From a business point of view it is probably a lot easier to just click relist than try to get ahold of the #2 bidder, who may not even want the item anymore. Plus, it's probably financial. If they got $2000 on the bid, why let it go for $1800 when they can put it up again and hopefully get the $2000 bid again!

rr
Wait 1-2 weeks and then go through the whole bidding process again for 100, or 200 dollars?, the administrative costs are surley more than that.....

ragedracer

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: EUC Invoices

That could be true, but you've spent the administrative costs regardless. I think they are most likely trying to recoup those costs..

pc3nmcb

rr[/quote]
If they put it back up for rebid doesn't mean it will bring more than the than the 2nd bid.

In my case I was 2nd highest bidder, but when I saw I was outbid I went for choice #2. I would imagine the majority of bidders do that.

ragedracer

pc3nmcb said:
If they put it back up for rebid doesn't mean it will bring more than the than the 2nd bid.

In my case I was 2nd highest bidder, but when I saw I was outbid I went for choice #2. I would imagine the majority of bidders do that.
True. but they KNOW they won't get $2000 if they don't relist it.

Your personal example is a great example of why it's not a good idea. I would guess that a big majority of people who come in 2nd place go on to bid on other auctions.

rr

army70deuce

Ok, I have to chime in on this, I'm on my 3rd attempt to get a Deuce. First Auction won was back in March 2009 and the EUC was denied because they couldn't verify address. It was an issue with my HOR vs living at family farm, whatever, my fault called directly to the DRMO people who handle the EUCs and a very nice person (husband was military) helped me out. My 2nd attempt was in July and it was cancelled by GovLiquidations after 2 weeks saying it had been denied, I called My good friend at DRMO and she said it hadn't hit her desk yet to hold a second, she found it, said it was good to go and we spend 2 weeks trying to get Govliquidation to recharge my card and give me the Deuce. It hit auction and went for twice what I paid for it before we could straighten it out. So now I just turned in my 3rd EUC (which I know is right) and I'm waiting........Please God let it work this time, I'd like to get my Deuce before deployment number 2 after Christmas.

When I was bidding on my truck, I was actually bidding on 2 trucks at the same time. I realized there was a possibility of actually winning both of them, and that I would be responsible for paying for and shipping/transporting both of them home. I may be a bit cynical, but I'm sure that there are people out there bidding on multiple trucks, then when they win 2-3 of them, back out of the worst condition ones.
I agree that paying a default fee if you back out of a contract (because that's what your bid is) would prevent a lot of this. If the purchaser backs out, it would be nice if the second highest bidder would be offered the item at his highest bid (minus the default fee that the highest bidder had to pay). Of course, he might already have won another item and refuse the offer with no penalty.
Early morning rant over. Time to go to work.

Chief_919

GL is making money by holding money. Say what they want about this new policy, there is your real motivation.

The sale is not done until the property is removed. So they don't have to pay the government. They get what likely amounts to millions of dollars every month "floating" in their accounts, drawing interest.

That and moving lots of property (at government expense) to a few key locations so they can minimize staff are just examples of why the whole GL system is broken. In all honesty, we need to go back to real, direct DRMO auctions. You get notice of a sale, you either fax or email a bid beofre the auction or you go down to a real, in person auction, you win your lot, you pay and pickup same day or a few days later.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
gl is making money by holding money. Say what they want about this new policy, there is your real motivation.

The sale is not done until the property is removed. So they don't have to pay the government. They get what likely amounts to millions of dollars every month "floating" in their accounts, drawing interest.

That and moving lots of property (at government expense) to a few key locations so they can minimize staff are just examples of why the whole gl system is broken. In all honesty, we need to go back to real, direct drmo auctions. You get notice of a sale, you either fax or email a bid beofre the auction or you go down to a real, in person auction, you win your lot, you pay and pickup same day or a few days later.
bingo!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks