• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rag tops

can someone please explaine to me how the cloth straps are used ? on both of my soft top trucks the straps are just hanging there and i cant seem to figure out where they should go. they only look long enough to run between the two top bars at the rear. that confuses me as the bar that pivots also has stops on each end that allow it to go down only so far and therfor would not require the straps ?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those straps are used to secure the back portion of the cab top in the up position. Loosen the ropes at the back of the cab top and roll it up. You will notice that those straps secure to hooks on the top of the cab top.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just pulled the vinyl cab off the M275A2 yesterday. I was thinking that it would be cool to add zippers along the back edge of the frame on the back side of the side windws. With the zippers you could just unzip, tanke the rubber cord up and roll up the back wall of the top. Pretty Cool! Hmm?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you cut the back off you have to remember to add straps (tie downs) to hold the frame in place.
Look closely at some of the images of my bikini top and you'll see the 3/8" rope used to hold the frame in place.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks