• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mobile shelter

CCATLETT1984

I'm not sure, maybe one of the guys out west that has these will chime in, but i think that is the "heavier" of the dolly's and should move a 20ft container just fine, assuming you dont have it loaded with metal or something really dense.

rmgill

The M1022s fit the 8' sea containers But you're limited on load capacity. Check the load ratings on it, but you'll NOT be able to load a fully loaded container and safely carry it on one of those M1022 mobilizers. Also, most containers are 8'6" tall. Which is where you'll need an M1022A1 mobilizer. They also have FARM more weight capacity...but aren't really surplused yet.

The M1022 are good for ISO shelters that are the right size and aren't used to carry lots of weight of cargo.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Here are some pictures of an S-250 shelter on an M105 trailer. The shelter fits, and even leaves room for a back porch.

I have a few of those M1022 shelter dollies... sort of. I bid on them based on the pictures in a GL auction, not realizing that there weren't enough of certain critical parts between all three of them to make one of them work. I later realized that they wouldn't work with my standard 8'6" sea containers, anyway. Well, at least I can use the wheels/tires on my wrecker.

I've been keeping my eyes open for an M1022A1, but I haven't found a good one at the right place and price yet.

Attachments

pc3nmcb

Just curious as to what the going price is on these items, and the weight and length. I'm thinking that would make a nice set up for deer camp.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks