• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bjorn, Today I Am An Electrician

dabtl

I got some convoy lights from TNJ Murray last year. No instructions.

I got some pics of the instructions, pics of blue prints are not easy to read! And finally got around to doing the job.

It took a while to understand the light mounting on the poles but I got thru that.

Then came the wiring. From what I could read there were two wiring harnesses I did not understand and a bunch of parts.

So, along with the multi-meter and monkey see, monkey do methods I pieced together the wiring, simple just connect the ones that fit and worked my way to the cab. Then as a result of your instructions in a variety of posts, I put the multi-meter on the switch, figured that out and the two harnesses seemed to come together. It would have taken less than a page of instruction to save a lot of time.

A year ago I would have hesitated to take on that project, and did I may add. Now, it is a piece of cake.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

BobM

Yeah I'm planning on starting a club for us procrastinators. But I keep putting it off! :D

Once I actually start something, I find it usually is easier than I have been dreading!

dabtl

With a multi-meter and Bjorn's posts, I think anyone with some time and study can work on the M35 wiring, or really any other MV.

I am in shock at what I have learned in the past few months. Honestly.

dabtl

When I have a problem, I go to your posts. Not indirectly, directly. Most of the problems are those that reoccur. Why invent the wheel when you have such good pointers?

Thanks from all of us. You are an invaluable resource.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks