• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M135 help! need info

dutchbean

hello everyone!>.

I just bought a 1956 duece.. needs a lot of tlc.. have got it running but found out quickly that theres problems.. exhaust manifold cracked.. blown frost plug. craked tranny pan.. mmmmm.. the work starts.

welded manifold.. still waiting for gaskets.. 2weeks now..

removed tranny pan and water in oil plug?? hahah ... yes all water from rad went into tranny.. so crap.

removed cooler and put pan back on to be able to run oil in tranny instead of water.. dont know if tranny works yet

im so lost on this truck.. i dont know what all works yet until i get it running again.. and extend my battery cables to fit the truck batteries that i put in there..

Does anyone have information or pictures of the dueces at all..

It was used years ago for a water truck and somehow managed to destroy many body parts and undercarrige parts too!!

The bar from the front spring hangers that goes across to either side supposed to be all wacky bent or is this bar supposed to be straight.. it hit the exhaust and squished it .. i cant find pictures under there to show me otherwise..

and were is the darn master cylinder able to be filled?? i work with air brakes .. no fluid needed.. haha..

any info is greatly appreciated!!

lacoda56

These are good ol' trucks but it sounds like you might have a parts truck on your hands! Water in the transmision is not a good thing, although these trannys were water cooled. The bar that goes from side to side is supposed to be straight [if I remember correctly], and the master cylinder is under the floor board. Small access hole under your right foot if you are sitting in the drivers seat. Also, some manuals would be a major help, and don't forget to complete your signature so we know where you're from.

n1bnc

Get ahold of the TM 9-8024 manual.

Yes that bar is supposed to be straight. I did the exhaust on mine from one end to the other. I collected most of the parts over time on ebay and then got the big pipe that leaves the muffler and up the side from Memphis. They do not have many left so grab it while you can.

I just had my gas tank cleaned. It's ready to be put back into service minus the fuel filters on the pump. If it wasn't for a company party tonight, I would have it running for the Weare show in NH this weekend.

There are problems finding parts so sometimes you will have to wing it.

You may want to find a new tranny than experiment with something that looks to have had a tough life.

Food for thought. Enjoy and check out some of the other posts to this site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks