• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Brake lights ???1984 chevy 6.2 diesel pickup

fink1978

I just bought my first MV last month. (6.2 Chevy diesel pickup). The blinkers/ brake lights were not working. I replaced the bulbs and now the blinkers are working but the brake lights are not. I'm sure you guys know both lights function using the same bulb. What should be my next step in getting them to work?

ssgtwright-usmc

Check the stop relay switch on the break pedal and have someone press it down while someone looks at the tail lights.
If it works by holding it down, re-adjust the stop relay switch.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the fuse, check for corrosion in the fuse block, and another very important item to check is the ground strap/tab inside the lamp socket, check all of them. I had an issue recently where they looked good but were actually cracked and not making contact.Also, use a die-electric grease to prevent further corrosion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks