• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any members on the Big Island of Hawaii????

ssgtwright-usmc

Just wondering if their are any members here from the Big Island of Hawaii.
Only been living their now for the past year and a half and dont really know too many people here.
The only person I do know is my ex.
Just looking for other members near by to chat with from time to time.

IronViking

Hey Aloha,
I dont live there yet but we already have a few acres in HPP on the Hilo side.
Im hoping to be out there by xmas next year. Well really I was hoping for xmas this year but I doubt our house will sell this year.
Ive got quotes for shipping my Deuce via Matson looks like about 6000$$
Im worried about reg and ins over there , maybe hard to get for the Deuce?

Attachments

ssgtwright-usmc

I see some people driving M35s here on the Island from time to time.
I also see this one guy off the highway near HPP selling them from time to time along with trailers.
Would buy a trailer from him but too much $$$$$ for rust on wheels.
Insurance I went with Geico for my M1008. Had AIG but was paying more with them.
Here in Hawaii shouldnt be a problem if you already have it registered from the state your in.
All you need is a current Hawaii inspection, insurance and they will give you new tags at that point.
They wont give out tags without a current inspection!!!!

papercu

You can check and/or add your name to the member map located under the Resources tab at the top of the pages. I've never been able to see anybody name but you may be lucky. Wayne

ssgtwright-usmc

I have tried the map locator under the resource tag but I guess any members from SS from Hawaii besides myself dont have their location listed as per the requirment of SS.
The map locator tag would and is a great tool if members would add their general location.
Its not like its asking for a physical address and phone number.
Hopefully some more members will list their general location if they are afraid they have to list their physical address.

IronViking

Yea those pics are from across from HPP he wanted 3500 for the 109 and trailer but it was rusted thru and leaking everywhere.
I was thinking of selling mine and picking one up from Barbers point but the condition of mine is just to nice to trade off for one with so many unknowns..

ssgtwright-usmc

I thought that truck looked familiar. Thats the same truck and trailer I was looking at.
Tried to make an offer with him but he would'nt budge.
Thats when I started looking on line and found govliquidation.com hoping I can one day find something on one of the many Islands of Hawaii.
I have always wondered what the shipping costs would be from Honolulu to Hilo if I was lucky enough to get one.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aloha and welcome!
Don't live in Hawaii anymore, but was stationed at MCAS Kaneohe on Oahu for a while.

(Former 0811 cannon cocker 1st Bn 12th Marines "A" Battery)

lenz1079

you should get all the deals from GL on Hawaii if you are the only one around. You might do better selling your duece and buying one there instead of shipping. with your box truck you could also remove the box and ship it only.

KAILUAZ

kendelrio said:
Aloha and welcome!
Don't live in Hawaii anymore, but was stationed at MCAS Kaneohe on Oahu for a while.

(Former 0811 cannon cocker 1st Bn 12th Marines "A" Battery)
Wow I lived right outside the back gate of KBAY on Mokapu Blvd! We used to have the Marines buy us beer from Safeway when I was in high school,,, good times!

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
KAILUAZ said:
Wow I lived right outside the back gate of KBAY on Mokapu Blvd! We used to have the Marines buy us beer from Safeway when I was in high school,,, good times!
When did you graduate?

forgingahead

wondering the same...i'm told there are several here on b.i.
let's find them and get together since we're in the most remote place on earth.
just took my deuce out for my first mission- point of acquisition to new home! ran over some trees, clearing acreage for farming.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks