• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help! M240 gun mout? How to use?

jpinst

I have this m240 replica BB gun for my HMMWV .

I have the turret shield and pedestal mount, but I can not figure out how this gun mount goes on the rifle. It looks like maybe one piece is on upside down. I have pins to hold it on.

Any suggestions or pictures appreciated.

Attachments

ONTOS66

1. Drop and do 20 push-ups
2. Do not call a MACHINE GUN a RIFLE
3. Check these links for some photos and information on the machine gun on various mounts and vehicles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M240_machine_gun and http://tech.military.com/equipment/view/89056/m-240b-machine-gun.html

Google M240 Machine Gun for more

When I was a tank commander we had the M240 as the co-axial machine gun (a fixed mount in the turret) with the M60D on an exterior mount for use by the loader and a .50 cal at my tank commanders position. Since then the variants of the M240 have pretty much replaced the variations of the M60. Heavier gun but seems to hold up better.

m52a2

when it comes down to it that fancy mount is not nesessary, this is the one you need. when using the earlier buffered mount the standard spring washer stock buffer was used. with the newer rigid mounts like yours & those below the hydraulic stock buffer was used...

Attachments

jpinst

Thanks for the info!!!! Actually, I am Navy reserve, so excuse my incorrect lingo, but I have ll of these mounts as well. I will get started working tomorrow and let you know how it turned out.

ONTOS66

Of course the one thing we didn't address - your bb gun is a replica of the M240. In almost ever weapon that is mounted there are mounting points, bolts to be removed, etc. to adapt them to various mounts. Your replica may not have gone that far in their design. After all why spend additional production money, and increase cost, for a feature that 99.9% of the buyers won't use. You may just have to jerry-rig it.

And since you are a squid I'll give you a break on the rifle / machine gun terminology. Just THINK about doing the push-ups. :)

On the topic of weapons terminology - those 6 tubes behind me are called "rifles" .. they just happen to be 106MM Recoilless Rifles. Don't try to fire them from the off-hand position. :)

Enjoy da toy.

Attachments

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a NOS cradle for that. Uses both pins w/ 2 light sideplates, has small set back, uses a std socket. Would you like a picture?

Is that is the new Happy Trigger? I'd like you thoughts on it. It looks pretty good from the internet.I might get one myself if a static display MG doesn't turn up soon. Otherwise I'll shelve it and use a M60 or 1919. JimK

jpinst

Yes I would like a picture. Where can one purchase such a mount? Is it similar to what I have shown?

I picked up the happy trigger in Hong Kong for about $1K two months ago. Its quite ridged, all metal, mostly aluminum and some steel. Its very nice as it uses a standard m4 mechanism inside. It looks very real, especially with fake bullets coming out of the mag box. I saw that the Japanese make one, one version which is all steel costs about $3k. Their aluminum model looks the same. I am very happy with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks