• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Alternator Issues...

ems4ty

Well, I've got an alternator that decided to take a crap on me. Anyone have any leads as to where to get a new one? Are these 24V 60A Alternators Rebuildable by any Alternator Shop?

Thanks for your help, I've been googling the part numbers and so far nothing really.

Thx,

beaubeau

Duhh!! I am glad I live in N.H. $100.00 for a rebuilt alternator, $100.00 for a Modified Delco Remy to 24 volts to install in a Deuce. Some like to take advantoge of GREEN Machine Owners. Most of the problems with these alt. is the Regulator which you can purchase on line. Do more research before you BUY, or rebuild. Good luck with your Alternator. Phil

ems4ty

Yeah, It's not charging anymore. Went to start the truck today and the batteries were low. Put the charger on it and started it about an hour later. Checked the alternator per the TM and found 1.1V output on the terminal of the alternator. Tried to adjust (For the heck of it) the output via the slot by the top cap and produced no change. I'm wondering if I need to have it re-wound or if the internal regulator is toast. More importantly, does anyone have any written info on the breakdown or how to check it out further? Maybe I just need a new regulator as BEAUBEAU suggests? Any part numbers for the internal regulator come to mind? It on the 1971 AM General M35A2 with the Turbo 465 Hercules Multi-Fuel. Alternator is mounted on the passenger side of the engine. (It's not a generator with external regulator.)

Thanks again!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need to know what model genny it is. Should be on the dataplate on the genny itself.
My local auto electric shop charges me $80 to rebuild them.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
My local shop used to have a contract with the Guard to do them but would not do mine last time I took one in. The regulator on the back housing goes bad and the Army rebuilds them. Funny thing is the AMC shop in Kuwait had a display of all the different alternators that have been used and rebuilt. If I would have thought about it I would have spent an hour or two watching them rebuild them so I had a better idea of what they do to them. Most get new circuit cards which are serial numbered so no freebe ones are available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks