• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convoy Lights Power Plug?

dabtl

I have the convoy lights from TNJ Murray. I also have some very fuzzy pics of blue print instructions.

The convoy lights have a long wiring loom with two + Packard connector ends for the lights, two - wire end loops for the grounds and a long extension to go into the cab with one male Packard connector for plugging into the provided rotary switch. Simple enough.

The power supply short wiring loom has one male Packard connector for plugging into the rotary switch provided, simple enough. On the other end of the sort of long cable is both a spliced male and female Packard connector.

What circuit do I use the spliced male and female Packard connectors on?

Crazyguypa

I would have to check my print when i get home, but if I remember correct its wire 16 from the hi/low headlight switch. You'll find it under a little piece of metal by the drivers front fender.

dabtl

OK, never mind. I know I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer. As Bjorn would say, check the grounds first, then go to the TM. Should not take more than half an hour tomorrow. Sorry for the dumbest question of the day. :oops:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The original design was done so that the convoy lights could only be operated when the service drive lights were on. The model 14 rotating beacons with their 2 PAR36 bulbs (ea light) are quite the current suckers. I'd be inclined to run them through a stand alone relay lessen the amp draw. (humble opinion)

I had problems overloading the light switch when I wired my convoy lights according to the print. There must be an internal circuit breaker in the light switch that tripped at the most unopportune moments. When it trips you lose all your lighting. You have to wait for it to reset. Joe Young once told me he had the same problem with one of his trucks. I moved the wiring over to the wire that supplies the horn circuit. I'm out of town (Vegas) and can look at which one when I get back. That circuit is hot all the time so you got to remember to shut the lights off or they will run till they kill the batteries. An inline fuse would be a good addition also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks