• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Photos from the Iwo Jima in the Suez

Melvinitis

This week I was privileged enough to ride through the Suez Canal with 3,000 marines and the 1,500 sailors of the USS Iwo Jima.
Here are some cool photos of MV in action, not all are humvees, but the neatest photos are.

Attachments

ssgtwright-usmc

3rd MARDIV vehicles. Yeah, I can spot them by the numbers.
I did SORTS (Status Of Resource and Traing System) for 2nd MarDiv.
If anyone ever asks if you want to learn SORTS, (RUN, RUN AND DONT LOOK BACK AND JUST KEEP RUNNING!!!!!!).
This will end up to be your only job in the Marine Corps and you will never get any sleep.
You wont even have time to even think about sleep.
Man, why did I have to be medically retired?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice pics! The Iwo Jima is a frequent visitor to Port Everglades. One day I'll tour her! Love the HMMWV mounts on the bow!

B3.3T

Marines use G-wagens as their IFAV. Have for several years now. Great experience. Wow.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Great pics, thanks for posting them.

Melvinitis

The marines did a lot of neat things for force protection. Most I can not talk about, but the navy took full advantage of all that a MEU has to offer.
I loved the photo of the HUMVEE with a BAM (big ass merchant) floating by. Not somthing you see everyday.

Melvinitis

yeah, it was a good way to have a platform for the 50 cal and the supporting equipment, like com a good firing position, better than the open deck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks