• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pinzgauer Clutch Replaced

VincenT

I own a pinzgauer 710K and had it for around 7 months before the clutch went byebye on me...the best part of the failure was it happened during Thanksgiving 2007 with my parents in the car and breaking down infront of the most crime infested neighborhood in Jacksonville...we were heading to my sisters house for Thanksgiving dinner when it happened... luckily it was still light out... called my brother-in-law and was quickly towed away... Fast forward 10 something months...
I finally get around to changing out the clutch... if I knew it was going to be this easy, I probably would of done it sooner. All it was was six something bolts on the bell housing, jack supporting the engine, harborfreight 800lbs tranny support, two attach points for the shifter, and removing the rear tranny mount and supporting drive shaft...thats it???
Before the clutch went out, there was no slipping or warning that usually accompanies a pending clutch failure...it was just gear grind on shifting then no more clutch??? I think a major cause was my constant running on the highway at excessive speeds...well if you call 62mph excessive?
Next round of fixes...civillian ignition system and finding the bug causing my turn signals, brake lights, hazard lights, high beams from working...If anyone has a clue please chime in??? I know it has to be a short/ground, relay, or circuit breaker problem... I really hope it isn't the breakers???

Attachments

n1bnc

If you have those silly pointy fuses, take them out and clean the ends and their respective holders. Those are famous unimog sticking points electrically speaking. Emery cloth is all you should need.

Tx75Pinz

I hope Jim L. chimes in for you, but with that list of lights not functioning I would guess you do have something wrong with a breaker. If it was just brights and blinkers I'd say look at your blinker switch. There is very little space in there for the connections and if the wire is stressed it's easy to get a short. Both of my Pinzes nad tons of crud in the blinker switch. Contact cleaner helped and I still need to put some heat shrink on a wire in the 712. Good luck.

VincenT

I checked the connection under the dash and they were clean... cleaned the junction box in back...lots of corrosion but that didn't help the electrical bugs...finally replaced the #7 and #8 breaker (no black out lights) with the #11 and #12 breaker...that did the trick with the brake lights and high beams...flasher work also... just have to find a better ground for the flasher relay because its popping the #12 breaker. Also changed out to the civilian ignition system from Expedition Imports...found out the rear axle boots are cracked so that is next on the shopping list... think I'm going to take a break from the pinz for awhile and try to resurrect the Kawasaki H1 I recently purchased...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks