• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New hmmwv member.

Metzger

Hello, I've been looking around the internet at different sites and this one always comes up. I belong to a Hummer site but this one seems to hit home. I bought a 4man carrier hmmwv in need of a lot of work. Since I bought her I've replaced two geared hubs,rebuilt two, replaced the pitman,idler,all tie rod ends,the transfer case forward and tail seal replaced the rubber with military rubber,belts and a few other odds and ends. I'm now looking into the engine with my wife's disgust. lol Here are a couple pictures from last year. I need to get some new ones with the new military rubber.

sak00

Nice And Weclcome to Steel Soliders. There is alot of info here. One day I would like to get a Hmmwv. But, I'm sure $$ will be a problem.

TedG

Welcome Metzger,

Nice M998 and it good to see that you started with a good clean one! When it comes to hmmwv parts I have a barn(s) full!

nf6x

Feral Engineer
RE: Re: RE: New hmmwv member.

Hi! Welcome to the site. Your truck looks good. The hand throttle control looks unusual to me; I have never seen one that looks like that.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
RE: Re: RE: New hmmwv member.

Hi! Welcome to the site. Your truck looks good. The hand throttle control looks unusual to me; I have never seen one that looks like that.

Metzger

I'm glad to hear Ted! And thanks everyone for the welcome I'm intending to put her all back into shape slowly but surely. If you're interested in selling parts!... Good! lol I want to get radios whips etc. I have a soft ambulance top I was kicking around putting on with some X hard doors, just need the bows for the rear. For a little while I was on the prowl for a slant back kit but figured I should get the engine and mechanical stuff done first. As for the engine I'm looking at some low oil pressure issues. I'm not sure if it's the sending unit or a failing pump or what. I would expect its not the pump because I would assume they either work or not. It only has 23K on it so the thought of wear and tear seems wrong. The guy before me said "these things are maintenance free!" "Just drive em" LOL I figured I was in for a treat.

Any way I'm sorry in advance for any stupid questions. I'm on the learn as you go plan.

Metzger

The throttle control was replaced with a new e brake set up. In the long run I'd like to get the old system working. All the parts are there just seized up and pried open for the disc to revolve. I finally got her to roll down the road pretty good and hold hub oil etc. now need to get the engine function up to snuff ..gaskets and such.

TedG

A hmmwv that is maintenance free? :shock: :lol:

When you get a chance, put a want list together and I will let know what I have or stop out for a visit. pm me for details. I have a new in the crate rear bow set up also...I even have a nice new set of radials on new rims that would look sweet on that truck!

BTW. That is the 3rd truck I've seen where the wipers are parked on the opposite side. I own the other two. Must have been the same mechanic when they upgraded the wiper motors!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks