• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member from Idaho

Idaho3B

Hello from Idaho. Just discovered this site yesterday and decided to join up. I don't currently have any MVs, but would eventually like to restore an MB or GPW to run in parades and stuff. Always was interested in half-tracks, too, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

I'm currently working on a 63 CJ3B to run in the hills (its pretty much stock) to go hunting and whatnot. I have most parts and pieces for a second CJ3B (this one a 53) that I will try to restore into a show piece (I will apply the many lessons that I learned working on the first one). I've also been getting more and more interested in classic Ford Broncos, so I might pick one of those up some day to work on.

I pretty much like anything and everything military. I did 4 years active Air Force (95-99) and starting in 2000 began DoD Civil Service in NE PA. Moved out to Idaho in 02 to continue my career. Currently working at Mountain Home AFB.

Doug

ssgtwright-usmc

Welcome aboard!!!!
Its time for you to start bidding on some gov auctions and tell us AFTER you have won something what the item it was that you have bidded on and won.
Please dont ever tell us here about a item you have found and will be bidding on until the auction has been won.
Again, welcome aboard!!!!!

Idaho3B

Re: RE: New Member from Idaho

DanMartin said:
My deuce came from Mountain Home AFB, where it lived most of it's life. What are the odds that you worked on it?
Don't know when you got it, but the unit that I was stationed with and currently work with definately has the largest contigent of deuces and 5-tons on the base. There might be 5 others on the entire base, but we must have about 100 tactical vehicles assigned to the unit. Everybody always thought that I was crazy because I'd always volunteer to drive a deuce on a convoy :D I love those old trucks, but I don't know as though I'd like to keep one fueled up on my dime :lol:

BillIdaho

Ahhhh, another Idaho member. I think we are up to three or so. Welcome. I live in Caldwell. If you need anything close, let me know. Alex and I are good buddies (over at Idaho Motor Pool-He's been in a couple of my weddings.).
There are a bunch of MV's in your area, for some reason it's tough to get them organized. Our local club is probably going to try to get the Twin Falls guys into our club.
I know where there is a couple of flat-fenders around your stompin ground.

birdman customs

noticed your local, I'm interested in findling out local resources. I live in Boise, just bought an M43 ambulance, needs a lot of work. Any info or resources you can point my way would be appreciated. Thx Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks