• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMNMWV ballistic windshield glass???

tmbrwolf

That is the ballistic windshield, the AS-1 glass in the unarmoured is about 1/4" thick, these have a piece os glass bonded to the poly for the wipers, these, by the book are supposed to stop a .50 cal round.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That 5/8" glass is for your M1025 if you have the proper bezels.
I have a bad piece of A2 glass and that thing is heavy, and 1 3/4" thick.
That Epay seller has HIGH prices. Those glass I've seen go for $ 150 on up when you can find them.

Westech

CPL
Re: RE: HMNMWV ballistic windshield glass???

B3.3T said:
5/8" will NOT stop a .50. Not even close.

Umm even the up armor wont stop a 50 cal round. there was a truck that got too close to a convoy so the top gunner fired off a round in to the engine, it passed through the block and in to the humvee behind it, entered the engine of the humvee and exited in to the cab and exited the rear hatch. The ballistic glass is over 4" thick and will only stop a 7.62 round.

jpinst

So I did some research and it seems ballistic glass this thick could only stop up to a 9mm or .357 at the most. I guess that's better than nothing. Maybe stop shrapnel as well.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
I think Austin had some left over armored doors and shot the side glass with a 50 cal and it stopped it. The bullett was half in and half out..he put a picture of it on the web. i cant remember where..
I have a broken A2 blastic windshield, and a old scratched 5/8 sup. armor windshield.
I will have to try a test with my 50 cal..plain ball, and then API..

PS< does anyone have the driver side 5/8 Sub. armor windshield?...Looking for new..
I will pass on the ebay prices, for now..

I will trade a new A2 1.5 inch Balistic windshield for it..right or left side.

Kevin...

schindop

door glass

I couldn't believe the prices on the 5/8" glass when I was trying to buy. Since I'm not going into action with my HMMWV, I bought 1/2" tempered glass that fits perfectly into the rubber frame without movement and a fraction of the price. I bought all 4 windows only to discover that the front doors used 1/4" glass. (approx) I can give you a good price on a pair or on all 4. Let me know. -peter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks