• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any salvage yards or reasonable part In Pacific NorthWest?

mightyhammer

Hey...
Anyone know good places for parts somewhere near Idaho? Stuff weathers pretty well up thisaway. Would be a great place for a MV salvage yard. Maybe there is...I just haven't found any.
COOP

mightyhammer

RE: Any salvage yards or reasonable part In Pacific NorthWes

Thanks for the post...I'll have to check 'em out.
Gunsmith huh.....I've been lookin' for a smith buddy here in idaho;) I have a Lauer M4 type AR I have a question for ya about a modification...Hit me back if you are curious...COOP

BillIdaho

Technically speaking, Idaho Motor Pool is on Interstate 84, (not 95) and located at exit #3. Alex's place is right up against the interstate, you cannot miss it. It'll be the place with about 30 dueces and other related rigs. He has, or has connections to find, whatever you might need. Alex is a very good friend of mine. He gets up to northern Idaho from time to time.
As far as guns go, did you mean a Larue? I have "dabbled" in a whole lot of gunsmithing. I actually fed my family doing it for awhile. I try to keep up with the newest whiz-bang M-4/AR stuff, as it directly relates to my work, and my son has a business directly related to that stuff (works good for me!)
Call Alex at Idaho Motor Pool. He will do you wrong.

mightyhammer

Thanks for the info on Idaho Motor Pool. Good to know...
As far as the rifle, I will post once more what the brand is and that will be all for this thread, we will have to PM each other for more gun stuff...COOP
M4 type rifle LCW15 (model), lower made by Lauer Custom Weaponry in Chippewa Falls, WI.

DanMartin

I'll add another recommendation IMP being *the* place around the NW for parts. Alex is great, and will help you out.

I usually end up ordering replacement parts new from online guys like OD Iron and Saturn Surplus. Things like brakes and switches and whatnot I don't like to scrounge.

I hear there's a scrap yard in Oregon, and one in Washington, but I don't have details...

mightyhammer

Let me know how the trip went... You can find old WWII-Vietnam era deuces, and other types of vehicles all over the Pacific Northwest on all the farms and in logging towns. Unfortunately they have all been sitting for a long time with weird mods and alot have been scrapped. I have a friend that is in the scrapping business and I have rescued more than one old MV from his torch. Problem is gettin' em all together to have one big MV yard for salvage parts etc...SadSadSad

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks