• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers 2009 Florida Rally... Its on!

devilman96

Well it is time to start planning again for the annual Steel Soldiers Florida Rally…

The rally will again be in Clermont, Florida the weekend of February 19th-22nd… Again we are doing a 4 day event and again expect attendance to triple over last year!

Information and questions.. ssflrally@gmail.com www.steelsoldiersfloridarally.com

Yes I know there is MV / Machine gun shoot that weekend… No we will not reschedule! By all accounts we simply blow away every other event held in firepower, horsepower, cooking and FUN!

Guys this is a great event for a family vacation as its located 35 miles west of Disney world and the Orlando attraction areas. Plan plan plan!!!

Change / plans for the 2009 event will include the following...

VENDORS... (you’re welcome to come and set up for free!)
Green Gem Depot will again be there with surplus and used MV parts!
OD Iron LLC will be there (if I can find someone to run a booth for me)

The event will be hosted for Steel Soldiers members with an extended invitation to the MVPA, Unimog, Pinzgauer and RR groups. Please feel free to invite, extend and re-post this invitation to your friends, families and web boards… MV enthusiast of all type are welcome but this event is a private function and is NOT open to the "general public"!

Trail ride… Maybe… But not formally… We seem to have them every 2 hours, 24 hours a day!

Mud... a big hole of it! It’s a swamp... were driving MV’s… what do you expect of us?

Shooting range (a very updated version of it!) with instruction / range master and machine gun shoot!

In 2008 we had a skeet area set up which was a smashing success and will improve in 2009!

Were adding space (again) camp site clearings, parking, etc...

FOOD
Again we will be having CliffW’s world famous BBQ and catering! If you were there in 2008 you know Cliff’s cooking ability is absolutely AMAZING! We are planning to add breakfast to the menu this year which means… You really only need to bring snacks as we will be serving food 3 times a day! The menu will be announced later but I promise it will again be AWSOME!

2009 Rally tee shirts! (and some reprints for 2008 for those whom missed them, sorry)

All camping is primitive... If you need it, you bring it.... RV's and travel trailers are welcome...

Pets are welcome... Mind the wild animals and or anything else they can get into. (Poppop, still no bears around)

ATV's, carts, etc are welcome...

It's a family event so bring what you like but please keep your head about yourself!

Firewood is everywhere so please... burn it! (away from you gas cans) :roll:

Port-a-potty - on site (were working on showers)

Directions, maps, GPS.... You can drive or fly... (and no I don't know Knut!)
+28° 24' 28.41", -81° 51' 49.04"

http://www.google.com/maps?q=%2B28%C2%B0+24%27+28.41%22,+-81%C2%B0+51%27+49.04+

Detailed map with signs... http://old.steelsoldiers.com/tapics/map/map detail.jpg

Area overview map... http://old.steelsoldiers.com/tapics/map/map overview.jpg

2008 event photos and turn out information can be seen on these thread(s)!
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=18573

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=15189

2007 event photos and turn out information can be seen on this thread...
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index....tdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=florida+round

The rules for the event are simple...

All firearms are to be kept SECURE in your vehicles except for during use in the RANGE AREA. NFA's bring your stamps!

Be respectful of fellow MV'ers, pets, children and native wildlife (especially young trees)

Mind designated "no drive" areas

This event is NOT a “mud bogâ€â€¦ bring what you like but if you are not a SS member OR don’t have a MV in your group you WILL be turned away!

Have fun, enjoy yourself and be safe!

Event Entry Fees…

Due to last years HUGE success (and huge expenses) we will be implementing a wrist band system in 2009… I know… I hate formalities but due to non payment, avoidance and poor registration we need to make some changes. Fees include camping FOOD and drinks for all in attendance!

Advanced weekend entry registration will be $50 each, $60 per couple.
At the door weekend entry will be $70 PER PERSON.
Advanced DAILY (no overnight camping) entry will be $30 each, $40 per couple.
At the door DAILY (no overnight camping) entry will be $40 PER PERSON
Children 12 and under are free but MUST register with their parents upon entry. (if ya leave them I want to know where to ship them back to!) :roll:

.. and guys... a "couple" is you and your other half (wife, gf, etc)... So unless its someone your going to hold hands and snuggle every time I walk by... Dont even think about it!

All advance entry out of state SS members will receive a free teeshirt at registration, if you drive you deserve it!

Persons lodging offsite (IE hotels, motels, etc) can of course pay the weekend entry fee v/s paying daily…

Payment details will be posted soon…

Keep checking back for updates! We will edit this posting as they come up!

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, for those who didn't attend last year, there are few places you can go and eat like we eat for $50. All you need is your specialty beverages and in between snacks. You can't eat like this at home for this price either. Can't wait!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have it on the calender! Guess I'll have to start collecting MORE wate oil. Can't wait to meet more SS!

maritimer

Re: RE: Steel Soldiers 2009 Florida Rally... Its on!

gimpyrobb said:
I have it on the calender! Guess I'll have to start collecting MORE wate oil. Can't wait to meet more SS!
if you want to come get it i got just over 1000gl's stashed hehe i been hording it in hopes the mrs will let me by a duece hehe

MouseGirl

RE: Re: RE: Steel Soldiers 2009 Florida Rally... Its on!

OHH YEA!!!! been waiting for this post, DMan count me in
$50 bucks is totally worth it
Oops
GF was logged in this is DC3

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Well if the Army makes me retire in March of next year I may just be getting on my terminal leave and may make it down wow that would be cool. Especially since Maryland in February is no Florida. Oh yeah this is not a hiest of the thread but I just bought a his and hers set of Samari Swords made in Japan stainless steel with nice Kill Bill wooden sheaths very sweet for $119.00 if interested say so I will post a thread with pics

citizensoldier

maritimer said:
if my budget and better half dont mind, you guys just might have a couple of maritime canucks down there
Where is Canada are you coming from? Will you go through Michigan? Rubber Duck! I think we got us a convoy! :D

appnut1

Count us in even if we don't have any green iron right now. Great people, great fun, great food,for a great price can't be beat. Mike, are you going to be collecting thru the OD Iron site again this year for entry and shirts?

poppop

I hope the Wife and I can make it again. As Kenny said, the food alone is worth much more than the entry fee. Just last night the Wife and I went to a local seafood place and dropped $95.00 on supper. Great place, great people and lots of excitment. Thank you devilman96 for doing it again.

MouseGirl

Re: RE: Re: RE: Steel Soldiers 2009 Florida Rally... Its on!

MouseGirl said:
OHH YEA!!!! been waiting for this post, DMan count me in
$50 bucks is totally worth it
Oops
GF was logged in this is DC3
Hey Branan We're under the couples catagory remeber?! I wanna go too! How could you plan to go to an event without me? :-(

I'll bring cookies! I might ask my little sister Ellen if she wants to come.. She really likes Bran's trucks, she'd love to see more.

We'll of course be bringing HeyYou and Wulph... If my blue healer got along better with other dogs i'd bring him.

I think he has a big tent.. I think its 15 people or something, I'll see if he can bring that but I'm not sure.. and he has huge water tanks.. but I'm getting ahead of my self. Even if we come with just our selves and enough money to get in We'll Absolutely be there!

devilman96

Re: RE: Re: RE: Steel Soldiers 2009 Florida Rally... Its on!

appnut1 said:
Count us in even if we don't have any green iron right now. Great people, great fun, great food,for a great price can't be beat. Mike, are you going to be collecting thru the OD Iron site again this year for entry and shirts?
Yes we will... I know its 5 months off but people really need the time to plan for travel etc but its a little to early for collecting money... I will be getting something set up in the store again as it gets closer (90 or so days away November'ish)...

We will be shipping / mailing receipts, wrist bands and shirts out in advance of the rally this time.

Thanks for the great responces... Its a snot load of work but I love putting this on!!!

flippydidit

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Steel Soldiers 2009 Florida Rally... Its

Devilman,

You're a life saver!! My first vacation time comes up in February and we didn't know what we were going to plan for. She wanted to tour Europe and some other nonsense, but I do believe this will be a great reprieve from the sandbox I'm going to. Please let me know more about the enrollment as you get it worked out. When you refer to SS members are you talking about members here with the website, or is there some annual membership dues that I don't know about? Also, I'm a member with MVPA is that associated with SS? I wish you guys were having it a little closer to Tampa, but I'm glad that it's in Florida at the very least.

Keep 'em shooting

Nate
-Gunsmith/Government Weapons Contractor

devilman96

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Steel Soldiers 2009 Florida Rally...

flippydidit said:
Devilman,

When you refer to SS members are you talking about members here with the website, or is there some annual membership dues that I don't know about?
Members means... Anyone here on SS.

Sorry I didn’t mean to be so technical with the explanation... But every year I get a lot of emails about the event and others being invited from different blogs, sites, groups, etc... Everyone in the MV community is more than welcome but I wanted to be clear that this is a MV event... Not a whooha romp'aroom for the local yokles!

maritimer

citizensoldier said:
maritimer said:
if my budget and better half dont mind, you guys just might have a couple of maritime canucks down there
Where is Canada are you coming from? Will you go through Michigan? Rubber Duck! I think we got us a convoy! :D
if we can make it we would be coming down the east coast from maine, as we are in nova scotia

bubba_got_you

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Steel Soldiers 2009 Florida Rally...

flippydidit said:
Devilman,

You're a life saver!! My first vacation time comes up in February and we didn't know what we were going to plan for. She wanted to tour Europe and some other nonsense, but I do believe this will be a great reprieve from the sandbox I'm going to. Please let me know more about the enrollment as you get it worked out. When you refer to SS members are you talking about members here with the website, or is there some annual membership dues that I don't know about? Also, I'm a member with MVPA is that associated with SS? I wish you guys were having it a little closer to Tampa, but I'm glad that it's in Florida at the very least.

Keep 'em shooting

Nate
-Gunsmith/Government Weapons Contractor
did you sell a m37 once?

tjcouch

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Steel Soldiers 2009 Florida Rall

Very cool! This time I'll bring a tent and "stay a spell."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks