• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

noob in TX

ffdfrontman

I live NW of Houston.

I think i just read every single post on this forum. Out of every forum I have taken part of this by far is the best for any category not just m/v's.

I am wanting to get in the market of 5-tons. Now currently hoping to get into a M818 to pull a 43' rollback. If I get this combo set up I would love to goto Ft. Hood or elsewhere to help you guys out.

I am looking to use these trucks to haul our offroad play toys to the wheeling ranches around the state.

Any one else in TX speak up.... Thanks for all the great info and post thus far, it really seems like you guys help each other out. When I goto get my 1st GL truck I would sure love to have one of you guys along... I also hope to help in any way possible. Thanks.

Jereme

ffdfrontman

sounds great to hear there are a bunch of you guys in TX. Would you guys recommend waiting on a truck in TX to hit GL or go ahead with a long haul out of state. There are 2 818's in Texarcana that I would love for someone to go inspect... I will pay for your time/gas if any one is up for the job im looking into 1 of them.... see my post under the inspections for details.

Let me know when you guys are getting together im highly interested in all this. Shoot any of you up for a road tip or tow home if I pick one up??? maybe get a lucky truck pm it and convoy home with a tow back-up

dabtl

Why not just call Bren Philyaw at GL in Texarkana and ask him what shape they are in? He can probably give you a good description. 903-223-9554

ffdfrontman

where is the museum?? I know of one at West Houston Airport off of Barker Cypress if this is the one you are referring to???

you know dabtl I was just about to ask that question if it is wise to call the number and flat out ask.

Well this is all very nice to hear that there are even a good number in Houston. Depending on the conditions of the latest trucks in GL I may be asking/begging for companionship/tow/just in case help from one of you guys.

dabtl

ffdfrontman said:
you know dabtl I was just about to ask that question if it is wise to call the number and flat out ask.
He has always been honest with me. He cannot sales pitch but he can tell what he saw.

ffdfrontman

well made a coule attempts to call Bren at the Texarkana GL lot he was out doing other things today will try again tomorrow. If any of you guys around there can go look at them I will pay for your time/gas. I am looking at either one of the 818's prefer the one with the winch of course. I have hope for either one of the trucks both just over or very under 1000 miles on them...

ffdfrontman

got a lil more info today on bren they said he is in Louisiana. Any better way of contact or seriously any of you guys able to take time out and go look i will pay you for time and gas as said above.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks