• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finding User Names

cbvet

Am I missing something when I use the member list?
Is there an easier way to find a specific name than just working through the list?
Using alphabetical listings, is there a way to skip to the "Ms" or "Rs" or whatever?
Thanks,
Eric
CBVET

Elwenil

There is one shortcut you can use if you know the first few letters of the person's username. Go to search, forum only. Leave the Keyword search area blank. Put in the first few letters of the person's name followed by a * in the Search for Author's area. Then click at the bottom to display as posts, not topics and click search. It will bring up posts for anyone with a name that begins with those letters. For example, if you use "El*" you get all of my posts.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To find a user name,I click on the "send a private message" icon next to a name on the "Who's on line" list(any name), Next, I click the "find a user name" button.Then I enter what I can remember for a name and use the "*" key, as a wildcard for partial matches. Sometimes the right name shows up or a drop-down list shows and I look through it for the name I want. Then I can select the name and PM them or I will copy and paste the name in the search by author space, to find their posts. Or to be more specific, I will search for key words and the authors name.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks