• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Poor Goat

jfnemt1ff1

Hi all Today I took the Goat out for its first ride in Iowa, After some problems at the DMV. In michigan I had this one lady that I always went to and we worked well together. The goat was running as always then I noiced that the Temp gages was climbing. By the time I got stoped it was verrrrrrrrry hot. :cry: let it cooled down and got home. Now I have a bad gasket. Has anyone had any time working on 353s. It does not look that hard but not sure if there is any things that need to be adjusted after. After a trip to aberdeen and may times on trails and swiming :lol: all with out problems after the restore I guess I am luckly.
John
P.S The M35 towed the goat and had a 1500 pound Hot tub in the bed with out any problems . At a very slow rate of speed at times.

Flea

Looks like parts are readily available:

http://www.agkits.com/browseproducts/Detroit-Diesel-353--6V53-(OE--5199811)-Cylinder-Head-Set.HTML

Head gasket kit is only $32.00 :D BTW, I caught your build thread for your goat. Amazing job there! You should add a turbo! Or is there not much room for one?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks