• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best WMO to gas ratio with FDC bypassed?

Hammer

Ok, I need to make a trip soon and want to take my truck that has the FDC bypassed, but also want to run WMO to save on fuel costs.

I know the motor will still burn straight WMO if I put it in there, but what would be about the right ratio of WMO to gas to get fairly close to the density of straight #2 diesel?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
As long as the consistancy is close, thats all I'd worry about. The cooler weather is getting closer, keep that in mind at the end of the trip. I need to start thinning my mix out. I had been running 40 gal wmo and 10 gas.

Hammer

In my other truck I am running about 40 gallon WMO and a mix of diesel and gas for the rest. Runs great actually.
I should run out there right now while it's still cold and see how it starts (did fine at 30° the other day).

TommyG45

I third that, I have been runing ~80/20 wmo to gas, and it has been getting cooler. Worse thing I have seen so far is that I had to depress the pedal a bit to get her started, she runs great and loves the 80/20 mix. Before the real cold stuff gets here though, I will go straight diesel. FDC is bpassed.

Tommy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks