• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO and WVO storage

TACTICAL6

I posted on craigslist that I would take WMO/WVO and in minutes I had people offering up 5 gal buckets to 55 gal drums. Included 10 gal of peanut oil. My brother is bringing me some 55 gal empty drums for storage. Do I store WMO/WVO together or separate? thanks

area52

Me personally, I would store them separately just because the WVO can go rancid I believe. But if you are gonna use it fairly fast, then maybe you can store it together.

Yea, I know, I am no help :D

dm22630

STORE THEM SEPERATE!!!!

Filtering WVO is an entirely different process, since you will need to get the glycerin out of it (from what I have read....).

To filter WMO, you can run it through a few filters & a water separator & you can put it in your tank.

Also.....whenever I post ads on craigslist looking for oil, I will ALWAYS put a minimum of 55 gallons. It makes it worth my gas/time to go get it.

2cents

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Separately for sure, you may want to make biodiesel from the WVO if it's to viscous for use.
WVO must be heated when used unless diluted with diesel or kerosene. I store my WVO and biodiesel in "cubies", which you may be able to get for free from a restaurant where they use fryer oil.
In any case, be aware of any water content, so don't use the oil from the bottom, take it from the top.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you are getting a lot of either I would get a 250 gal "Tote" which are used to store bulk chemicals. You should be able to find them locally.
A 12 volt pump can ease tranfering to storage and to fuel tanks.

TACTICAL6

thanks doc, I have some 55 gal drums I will probably use. Now just trying to scavenge up a pump/filters and plumbing and such. Without breaking the bank that is. I mean the whole idea of using the oil is save money......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks