• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

And I wonder why the neighbors look at me funny?!?

Jones

Will see if I can't take a few more shots of it for you guys. Bear with me though as it gets parked out at the ranch nowadays, after a few nastygrams and the torch-light and pitchfork parade by my local homeowner's association.
Jeez, some people just don't appreciate the finer things in life...

Longhunter7

How dare they!

Jones,

The are envious because your truck is bigger than their p.o.s. Hummer!

Thet sure would be happy to see it if you had a problem like the Gulf Coast! :)

Jones

It's a cargo (M-977), we've also got a 984 wrecker but the engineers are the ones who get first dibs on it. My personal one (another 977) is in pieces but should be complete and running by the end of the year. When I get to roar by my place in this guy, it sure makes the neighbors nervous. Heck, it's not like I've used anybody's Ford Expedition for a wheel chock this month.

Wyattearp

thats the good thing about where i live, whenever they see a piece of equipment like that around or moving down the road its all thumbs up and if setting they want to see it up close, glad i live where i do.
I second the idea if they were up to their butts in water and sewage like the pple of Miss. LA. Ala. their tunes would change. But its stupidity like that which breeds ignorance.

Wyattearp

Westech your right, they just don't get it. Closed minds in closed spaces, doesn't allow much room for the brain to breath LOL

Monster Man

guess I was lucky- never got one complaint about my deuce and I was in a pretty nice neighborhood most of the time!

rdixiemiller

My neighbor loves my deuce. He is a disabled WW2 vet. I get a lot of waves while driving. The other day 4 college girls flashed me as they passed me on the 4-lane!!
Now that's real support!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now wait just a minute here! All the thousands of miles I've logged in deuces and I've not been flashed yet. Not fair. BTW, as I see it if they flashed you I would consider that no visible means of support. Sorry ladies if any are looking on!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks