• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Base X shelter won!

StreetbikeDepot

I got lucky enough to find and win a complete Base-X 203 series shelter at OKC GL, when I picked it up there was two pallets of stuff. Got home and started going through it all and BONUS.....there was another complete Base-X 305 series shelter menus the liner!!!!

Not even sure how these made it to the auction....they are current use tents....can't find them for sale anywhere. Anyone else ever seen a base-x shelter at the auction?

Last edited:

StreetbikeDepot

Here ya go...not the greatest pic, we where in the process of putting htem up when I took this one. The liner and the end caps where not on the 203 and the 305 needed staked down. Now all I need is an HVAC unit.

These things are PIMP...electrical outlets every 5 ft in the liners, cetral HVAC ducting, 100lb weight bearing loading point thorughout the tent....I guess thats why the gov buys the 305 for $10,500 and the 203 for $8,500!!!

Attachments

Armada

Sweet deal you got! Those are awesome! I picked up a GP med, 18'x36', a couple years ago from GL that I think slipped through the cracks too. It had never been used. I'm looking for a vestibule/entrance for it that looks similar to the one you have attached. If anyone has one they can part with, let me know.

Attachments

mhodges

StreetBike, If you need any parts for that thing, or maybe even an a/c unit, my dad can probably point you in the right direction to get factory direct parts... he works for the parent/sister company of base x....pm me if your looking to get some stuff...

Stalwart

Does anyone have a copy of the Base-x pdf manual, the link no longer works and I've spent quite a bit of time searching the web and cannot find it. I just bought a new and unused 205 and would like to know tha proper procedure rather than risk damaging a brand new tent.

TIA

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a copy of the Base-x pdf manual, the link no longer works and I've spent quite a bit of time searching the web and cannot find it. I just bought a new and unused 205 and would like to know tha proper procedure rather than risk damaging a brand new tent.

TIA
I sent a text to my buddy and he will email me a copy when he gets into the office. He was actually in the middle of teaching a class on how to set one up.

Stalwart

THANK YOU so much DUG, I REALLY appreciate it!!!!!!!!! Jane would KILL me if we screwed up a new tent, it is our first new military tent. The GP small we have, even though it has the rubberized coating, stinks and leaks in the stitched seams. I woke up last year in a 1" deep puddle after a hard rain. :(

Yes Scott, I've been looking for several years now and we finally pulled the trigger on a new one. It's a 205 that is 14' x 25' feet inside the liner. It's in the BIG box in the picture. :shock: :beer: The box and tent weigh 1050 lb., thank goodness for the crane!

Attachments

Stalwart

new chest freezer? and holy cow! cant wait to see your tent at Arlington!
We were surprised by the size of the aluminum box the tent came in, it's HUGE, 4 people could sit inside it. The tent only takes up about 1/3 of the interior space but we'll put more camping gear inside for easy transport. You'll like some of the members new display pieces, we made a trip to Utah over the weekend to get some outstanding and rare stuff for display at the Arlington Airshow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks