• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Utah, Kansas Rally

m376x6

It's too late for this year but I was thinking maybe a Mountain States Rally would be a good thing. There are some super trails not far from here that go up to timberline and can be a bit tough. One is the trail to Bill Moore Lake above Empire, CO. The snow drifts usually get up to 30 feet deep so it wouldn't be good to go until late July at the earliest. It has some really rugged trails for the M37, M715, CUCV, HUMMWV, and Jeep type machines to the Scout Cabin ( a cabin built in the late 1800's that is still standing in an old mining camp). Narrow trail through small boulders and trees and through the creek. The main trails are definitely wide enough for the big trucks. Spectacular scenery. Lets see who would be interested?

Regards,
M376X6

m376x6

Of course Gene, anyone would be welcome to come along and have some fun. I just threw out some neighboring states to give folks a geographical reference. Sd isn't that far away, in fact closer than a lot of nearby states. Thanks Gene, it would be great to have you show up.

Regards,
Bryan

steelandcanvas

I've been waiting for something like this to happen in Colorado, Bryan. Be sure and get the message out to the MVCC, as I'm sure lots of members would be happy to attend. I'm going to take the Deuce to a club function in Ft. Morgan this Saturday, I'll spread the word to the Guys attending there.

davidkroberts

Actually ive been talking to the wife about taking one of the trucks up into Colorado trailriding. I might not be able to take a MV. i should have a Pizgauer by then so who knows. If im in the US at the time im in...... Clear from Tennessee

otisroy

I'm in if a 109 will squeeze up there. My wife was pretty excited to hear about it too.

Dave, last summer we went ziplining in Durango and took a side trip to the mines around Silverton in a Pinz. I couldn't believe the hills that thing would climb with 10 people in it.

steelandcanvas

otisroy said:
I'm in if a 109 will squeeze up there. My wife was pretty excited to hear about it too.

Dave, last summer we went ziplining in Durango and took a side trip to the mines around Silverton in a Pinz. I couldn't believe the hills that thing would climb with 10 people in it.
Chris, Doesn't look as though a 109 would "squeeze" up there, referring to the first post. If we are going to do this, lets not have the location limit any vehicles. Have some trail rides for the more agile vehicles, but don't forget about Deuces, 109's, 5 tonner's, etc.

m376x6

steelandcanvas said:
otisroy said:

Chris, Doesn't look as though a 109 would "squeeze" up there, referring to the first post. If we are going to do this, lets not have the location limit any vehicles. Have some trail rides for the more agile vehicles, but don't forget about Deuces, 109's, 5 tonner's, etc.
Have you been on the trail to Bill Moore John? The main trails are certainly big enough for the large trucks as I mentioned. Chris it's very possible you might brush some pine needles, but nothing serious. Most of the trail is open sky. The first post if carefully read, says that the main trails are fine for even the largest trucks. There are some tight more difficult trails for the smaller, more agile vehicles, such as to the Boy Scout Cabin. If someone has a better location in mind, speak up. Most of the trail opens up be mid June, maybe Yorkgulch and I can run his Deuce up there just to convince folks their delicate trucks won't get scratched too badly.

Regards,
M376X6

steelandcanvas

m376x6 said:
steelandcanvas said:
otisroy said:

Have you been on the trail to Bill Moore John? The main trails are certainly big enough for the large trucks as I mentioned. Chris it's very possible you might brush some pine needles, but nothing serious. Most of the trail is open sky. The first post if carefully read, says that the main trails are fine for even the largest trucks. There are some tight more difficult trails for the smaller, more agile vehicles, such as to the Boy Scout Cabin. If someone has a better location in mind, speak up. Most of the trail opens up be mid June, maybe Yorkgulch and I can run his Deuce up there just to convince folks their delicate trucks won't get scratched too badly.

Regards,
M376X6
No I haven't, and you're right, I did not read the post well enough to get your point. Sounds like a hoot, keep me in mind if you need some help planning. I spoke to a few MVCC Guys yesterday, and they seemed interested. Phil told me you haven't joined yet, what's up?

BassnTruck

If I have time and a running MV that will do trails I might come. The full size jeep group hits Ouray every year about the same time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks