• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How does GL select the HOT LOTS?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes, the HOTS LOTS have the nicest trucks included in them, but I've also seen some really rough trucks come up in the HOT LOTS. I am sure they have done their research and people bid higher on the HOT LOTS so they want to ensure the highest amount possible for a heap of S***. Any ideas?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: How does GL select the HOT LOTS?

steelsoldiers said:
Using a dartboard?
They used the dartboard in the past, but the demil codes were changed, for fear of Al Q getting surplus dartboards and practicing.

GL has now gone to demil'd ouija boards.

jj

S.W.A.G. here, but maybe it is based on how many times someone punches up the photos? I know i find myself looking at the crappiest looking lots out of sheer (morbid?) curiosity. Hate to think my facination with residue junk is swaying some computer's idea of "What's HOT and What's NOT".

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hot lots are those trucks that have fire damage. :D

I think it's primarily done on by the number of hits the lot has.

FreightTrain

Banned
Hot lots are the ones that GL sold them to someone in a previous auction,stole them back saying they couldn't get payment from the same credit card they charged for the default fee,Charged default fee,and put htem back up for auction......so they are "Hot".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks