• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where can I buy a Poject hmmwv?

Ryanhooker

Hey everyone. I have been searching for a project HMMWV for a while. I have seen a few posts on here with places that have complete HMMWV's or parts. I have called everyone of them and the lowest I found was mid 20s. I know that not a bad price and for a restored 998. I am more looking to finding one and putting it together, as I don't know what variant I want to have. I figure I would start with a rolling body and go from there. Also I don't have an extra 20,000 laying around. I might could drum up about 1/3 of that. Any help or any one that has an extra one laying around.

I have bought and sold many Humvees in various condition. You do not want a $10,000 truck-I have bought them and they are a complete headache. I have seen decent running trucks under 20k (15k-18k) that needed TLC. I hate to be the bearer of bad news-but you will spend more time and money fixing up old junk than if you just saved up over the course of a few years and get into the game at the $20k mark...trust me...take my advice-don't jump on a pile of $10,000 scrap metal-you will sink another $10,000 just to get it moving, and then have to figure out how to title it.

My 3 cents...

halftrack

actionpaintball said:
I have bought and sold many Humvees in various condition. You do not want a $10,000 truck-I have bought them and they are a complete headache. I have seen decent running trucks under 20k (15k-18k) that needed TLC. I hate to be the bearer of bad news-but you will spend more time and money fixing up old junk than if you just saved up over the course of a few years and get into the game at the $20k mark...trust me...take my advice-don't jump on a pile of $10,000 scrap metal-you will sink another $10,000 just to get it moving, and then have to figure out how to title it.

My 3 cents...
That goes for just about any project MV.

dilvoy

I agree with Actionpaintball too, except for possibly a really late frame that is the three piece type with the Alpha front crossmembers and the Mil only rear crossmembers that both use the latest disk brake calipers with the quick replacement pads. They will probably not be able to be bought in a complete Humvee form so a project is probably the only way to do it if you want to build an M1151 type.

Ryanhooker

Thank you guys. I agree with you all now. I did drive down there and all where gone. I have lead on a body but that all it is. I was really thinking bout getting it as thee are so few near me. But this body was in poor shape. He is wanting 8k for it. Comes with a top and doors. Down side, the body has damage but has most parts to fix it, with no frame or hood. The right side has to be taken apart and pice in the repair section. So I see where you all are coming from. Too much work.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actionpaintball is 100% correct. Buy the best condition truck you can afford. Trying to save a buck will only lead to spending more later.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
JHey Guys,
Jim Henry Sold all his Hmmwv's to KasCAR 3 months ago.....I think he got 60K for all of them..and all the parts...
If you call KASCAR Im sure they will sell you one!..$$$...
Save your $$..I know people who had 70K in their ride and it wasent finished..Not including these labor..
Kevin..

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Note on KASCAR's webpage says that they only sell military HMMWV parts to military buyers. SO, bottom line, F 'em, buy from someone else.

TedG

Pay now or pay later. Just depends on time and resources available to you. I have a $20K hmmwv for sale that is a runner but needs tlc...shameless plug 8)

Attachments

TedG

Real and made for the HMMWV. They are fastened closed and have an hinged access panel to the stowage/rear seat area. Prior versions did not allow access to this area. Great place for trail ride goodies. I have an extra set if your looking...

madsam

Thanks anyway.. I need a Hmmwv first.. They just make it look more like a pickup. I like it.

eisenhe

I'm thinking buy a decent body and then get a rolled HMMWV off GL -- then use those parts to build up your body. It'd be a lot of work, but probably the cheapest way to get what you want and learn a lot along the way. Otherwise, the "save $20k" plan is the best.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks