• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Noob in San Antonio

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just bought a '53 M37 off eBay. Anybody have a transport company they can suggest? eBay recommends DAS but their specialty vehicle dept isn't open on weekends. What do you think the reasonable charge should be from PA to TX?

poppop

There is an SS member in Texas that is in the transport businness. Can't remember his name, maybe someone will chime in.

Iron7

Congrats on your new baby! I love M-37's, brought 4 of them back from the dead and enjoyed every minute of it! I want to inform you that there's a new Military Vehicle Club here in San Antonio, TX. We're called the "Alamo MVPA" and have 15 members to date and another 10-15 MVer's in the area who regularly participate in events. We meet on every 2nd Saturday and I'd like to invite you and please feel free to email me and I can give you more detailed info about us. I'm about to retire from 24 years in the Army Infantry and I own an M-151A2 and a 43' MB both are restored properly. We don't have any M-37's in the club yet so yours would be well received. We enjoy helping each other out when you get in a pinch and steer you to where you can find any parts you need without paying through the nose.
My name is Kevin and here's my email: fontan1g@yahoo.com Hope to meet you someday. Oh! And here's our MV websie: http://www.alamomvpa.org/

ov1guy

I think Poppop is talking about Kinetichotshot. He's listed in the member list (about page 150) and has a link for his web page. I don't know if his PM is linked with his email, so it may be faster to contact him through his site. I'll try to call him so he can give you a PM, also.

Webb

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Already on the way. Hopefully it'll be here Friday or Saturday although the guy is already a day late on the pick up.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guy finally showed up this morning at 0700 (11/03/08) so he was 4 days late. The M37 is certainly not in the shape the seller advertised. I guess that's the price you pay buying something 1500 miles away.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Woohoo! Kevin has finally joined SS!

mkcoen, you should look him up, he is a very knowledgeable and generally super-nice guy (Kevin, you may now do the appropriate blushing and say "Shucks"). Sorry your new vehicle wasn't what you thought it would be, pretty common unfortunately. But making it what you want is half the fun.

Cheers

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually Kevin and I are old friends now. He was out yesterday to take the M37 for a spin. He's going to try and scrounge me a new body. All the mechanicals are great (that's one good thing). And the Fording Kit and Heater are all there except the dash deflector on the heater (another good thing). All in all I got my money's worth just not the great deal I thought.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks