• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Head Bolt torque 130 or 158 lbs on the LDT 465

Caustic

After replacing my head gaskets i torqued them to 158 ft/lbs because thats what the instructions that came with the gasket said to do.
Later i found in a manual for the LDT that the torque is only 130 lbs. I think that maybe the 158 spec is for another engine that uses the same head gasket?
so should i just leave it torqued at 158 or should i loosen and retorque at 130?

Attachments

Westech

CPL
Im doing my head gaskets as we speak and it goes like so... 1st time round torque all to 110 foot pounds, 2ed time to 130 foot pounds, 3ed time to 157 foot pounds and 4th time to the same 157 foot pounds. so you should be good to go. Ive heard of guys retorquing after 100 miles or so, but if you do so it must be cold!!! let it sit over night first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks