• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FNG in So CA

Billdozer2

Hey Gents,

Newbie from Southern California here. Former Marine, 1811 (M-60 tank crewman) '85-89 and Army NG 11B '02-05.

Just picked up an old M105A2 trailer today and after I search around on here a bit I'll be posting some questions for the experts in the trailer forum.

Thanks!

Bill

beaubeau

Welcome aboard Marine! Do you live in the area of Cal. where it will fall off the earth some day?!!LOL How can you buy a trailer fefore you get a Deuce or something to pull it with? Good luck with ALL. Semper Fi! Phil 3531 PS My last duty station MCB Quantico, I hauld some of those M60 around on my Low bed. Loved it!!

Billdozer2

OK, here's a pic of the new trailer hooked to my van. Just flipped the lunette and moving onto lights...

Beau, I'm just east of that part of CA, so this is really just beachfront property in training.

I've spent enough time in deuces, that's the last thing I need! Ha! The dude I got the trailer from had two, and man they were in good shape. It got me thinking for sure, and if I had a compound with enough room I'd sure consider one just for fun but in my uptight neighborhood, it ain't gonna fly.

Thanks for the welcome.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Billdozer2, Welcome to SS! Where in SoCal Are ya? There are a few of us out here. Had a chance to mess around in an M60 yesterday. Can't wait to get it up and running and take it for a putt!

Billdozer2

Will, really? Where the heck do you get a chance to mess around with a M60? I'm in Temecula, so not far too from you. I saw a few out at the Patton museum a couple weeks ago, man they look like antiques now. I sure wouldn't mind driving one again, but don't feel like breaking track anytime soon!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Big Mike was in Temecula...too bad he moved :( The Museum as 2 of them. We will be lighting one of them off..hopefully in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!
http://tankland.com/
A link to the website..a bit out of date...working on that.
We are looking for volunteers, interested?

Billdozer2

Cool! I've held licenses for M60, M88, M113 and M1A1s as well as Deuces and 5 tons, so I might be of some help. Shoot me an email with details, I'm busy as a one-legged butt kicker but might be able to help out once in a while. billb67@verizon.net

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stay tuned, there is gonna be a BBQ/open house for the museum to try and round up some help in the near future.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Welcome, Billdozer2!

Will, I didn't know about that museum. I need to check it out sometime. I'll probably forget by the time I finish moving, but maybe you can remind me in a few months? ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks