• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m880 suspension?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes they are, Why we call a civilian truck with a 2500 lb payload capacity a 3/4 ton is a mystery to me. The military said ok 2500 payload that's 1 1/4 ton.

You can get 99% of the parts needed for these things at your local parts store, just tell them it's a 77 W200.

N1265

Well, Looks like I owe my buddy a beer for losing what I thought was a sure bet!

Did the M880 come with ANY special features? or is the entire truck a standard 3/4 ton?

Thanks once again for the info.

Nick

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They were basically the same thing, the rear bumper was reenforced for the pintle hook tow hooks were added up front, the engines are non-EGR , some had 12 & 24 volt, there are differences, suspension & running gear were the same as the W200
and they LOOK far tougher than a civilian one.

N1265

they do look tougher.... and I can tell you that sanding out all those brush marks and runs are tougher that sanding a civilian paint job. :)
But I can also tell you it has got to be cheeper to keep on the road that my explorer.....

fuel pump for '96 ford explorer = $100. bucks

fuel pump for m880 = $12. bucks

having an M.V. parked in the driveway.......priceless! 8)

hey bob, wasnt you telling me of a place in toledo that had rebuilt dana 44s for under $300. bucks ? or am I thinking of somthing else?

thanks, Nick

m880s

brush marks and runs are tougher that sanding a civilian paint job.
WHAT???? You mean to tell me that your military paint job had flaws????? RIDCULUS!!! Ah the SANDING oh so much sanding...

N1265

You bet... It looks like the ENTIRE truck was brushed Twice over the orginal forest green paint that it came with. Even the inside of the doors were brush painted. :cry:

Imagin giving a 19 year old a 3in paint brush, a couple gallons of paint. and telling him on a payday weekend that his liberty doesnt start untill every truck in the motor pool gets painted !

and then telling him to do it again, putting the dark green where the light green was.... the light green where the dark green was.... the black where the tan was.... and the tan where the black was !!!!

Thats what my truck looks like, No wonder there isn't much rust on it :roll:

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My son has a pickup that has shelter anchors on the bed. It has overloads on the rear springs. I have one with a utility (like contractor's) body on it, and my son has another 880 pickup. Both of these do not have overloads, so there were some differences. .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks