• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spotted a Unimog near my place

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a bad price. Unfortunately, all the military Unimogs had gas engines, I'd prefer a diesel. I'm sure you could repower, but lots of work....

TedG

Nice looking 404 style truck.

Correction, not all Military Unimogs were GAS. I have an Ex-German Bundeswehr 406 with OM352 Diesel engine, 6 speed, dozer w/backhoe. Still has the unit numbers on the hood (under the ugly black paint po did). They also painted them in camo. With the strong US$ gaining by leaps and bounds the month, these will be affordable again as imports!

Attachments

Mike_Pop

I second the correction that all military Mogs were gas. Come on Maddawg, you know better!

My Mog had an inline 6 cyl turbo diesel and it was straight from the German Army.

The 404 for sale looks to be in good shape. Not a bad price either.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry if I'm wrong. All the military Mog's I've ever seen were 404s with gasser engines. All the diesel Mogs I've seen were commercial or civil duty rigs, not military. I've seen plenty, but I guess not enough.

Mike_Pop

I'm no expert but this is what I've seen:

404: gas
406: gas or diesel
416: diesel
SBU (U1250, U1300, U1500, U2450): All diesel
Next Generation (U500, U300): All diesel

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

October 30th, 2008.

Dear TIE6044:

They may be small compared to the deuces, but they can frequently go places that neither the deuce or the HMMWV can go! They're just slower on the road and more agile off the road. I own both types, a 1963 Swiss Cargo Unimog S404.114 gas with just 23000 original KM's on it, and a 1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W that served in both Vietnam and Desert Storm. The Unimog's like a sports car compared to the deuce, and the deuce is like a Cadillac in ride compared to the Unimog. Now IF I COULD ONLY HIT THE LOTTERY.... Then I'd own a U1300L Unimog and a Deuce Wrecker.....!(First I gotta play... not too likely!). rofl

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

N.B. The price is pretty good for a koffer or funkwagen Unimog... just the parts are high priced lately with the lame buck! [thumbzup]

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran truck
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S.404.114MB gas
1967 Hercules MEP023A Gas Gen Set APU

tm america

which do you likebetter for mud i was gonna buy a 404 but i went to test drive it started to drive across some wet grass got stuck was really let down didnt have enough power to spin the mud out the tires locked the diffs in and still barely got out the 4inch deep ruts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks