• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tried to buy a Military Red Dot A/C for my HMMWV....

jpinst

and this is what I got from Red Dot:

Sir,

This item is proprietary to the government and we are not able to provide pricing.
I'm sorry.

Thank you and have a great day,

Joshua Fowler

Phone: (206) 574-6571
Fax: (206) 574-6659
joshuafowler@reddotcorp.com
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 6:51 AM
To: Fowler, Joshua
Subject: FW: Rd Dot military A/C

Any ideas?

Ryanhooker

RE: Treid to buy a Military Red Dot A/C for my HMMWV....

Yea, I been working at an army surplus store for a while. We ran into that alot. If you really want to get a red dot AC you need to call Kascar. I have worked with them a few years ago. He is set up to buy from the gov. There site says there coming soon. Sorry to say you gotta go to a middle man. Also i found http://www.calgoldproducts.com/public_html/html/ac_unit.html I have no idea about them but it seems to be close to a mil spec kit.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial

I got myne on eaby, I saw 6 complete kits sell on G.L. They were on a Skid. Sold in CA. Dont know who bought them. Never saw them offered again. Everything on G.L. red dot gets demilled. Even the compressors.
Kevin..

readyman

Kascar wants $3800 for the AC kit, but the price may be lower when the supplier deal is done.
Anyone know what the Calgold guys are asking?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

I know the Soldiers really like the Red Dot better than the UAH factory air. Reason you are having a hard time getting them is every armored HMMWV has to have AC or it is deadlined. Our Soldiers are not the best at fixing AC units when we first went over the only mechanics that knew anything about them were USAR guys that did it on the outside. Our AC repair guys were only trained on building AC units since the Army never had AC in it's trucks before except the ambulances a lot of systems went down because of poor maintainance

Westech

CPL

and I think there kinda junk, we have had two units go down in 400 miles. I think for the money you can make/get something that's a lot better

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone tried Vintage Air to see if they could put some type of A/C kit together for a HMMWV ? It might not be exactly to Mil-Spec but the price might be better, just a thought .

NormB

Who has the Red Dot units cheaper than eBay? I've seen them as low as $1000 (picked up), a little more palletized and shipped freight.

NormB

I did. But they're gone. Gotta get the deals while they last.
True that.

Guy I bought my humvee from today has 30-some of the units stacked in his garage (BIG garage, under his home, you could fit two deuces in there with room for spare parts), said he HAD 80. Sells them for $2,000.

jeanmaurice

HI, just bought a 1038 from iron planet. soft top pickup. would be interested in a red dot.

The ones you have are new, right?

How much?

I would want a complete kit

thanks,

Maurice Poitras

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks