• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another newbie from Canada

Guy

citizensoldier said:
Very nice rigs eh.. Where in Canada are ya eh ? Its a big place eh... lol..
Not too far from you, just between Montreal and Quebec cities.

All the best

Guy

citizensoldier

Nice!!! If you stumble onto any Canadian M37's or M135's give me a shout would you... Darn ACME trans and 251 CDN flathead parts are like hens teeth here.. Welcome aboard. A couple small questions I have for you .. Is there differences between a CDN M38 and a US version like the M37's? Same motor and trans in them? Thanks..

Guy

There are some little differences between M38CDN and a US version. First of all, the CDN version were builted by Ford Canada in 1952 in just 2 135 units. The US version were builted by Willys Overland between 1950 and 1952 in near 63 000 units. The engine, tranny and axles are the same but the the color of the Ford engine is grey, not OD. The data plates are differents with the indications of Canadian Army and Ford Canada. The dash is also a little bit different with the primer pump and the convoy switch. Also, on the face of the tool box under the passenger seat, the CDN version doesn't has the "Willys" script.

All the best

hippiedude

Ya..... I work for a small oil co. and we install oil tanks that are made in Granby Quebec...... The world gets smaller every day ... Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks