• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 GA Rally Multimedia Thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK folks, the thread starts here. Still at the rally and finally found my camera. A few pics of the first two folks to arrive, Poppop and myself. Poppop towed an M35A2 with his M813 and I managed to drag BKubu's nice M109A3 shopvan up from Camilla GA. The trailride from tonight was a hoot, see the rally info thread for some details. Those pics wil come along soon from the members who had cameras. Anyhoo, here are a couple of pics from our initial arrival.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Awesome Kenny tell the folks down there we are envious. I hope all is safe and travels are executed in safe and good order. Thanks for the picts and please post some more of that great Georgia clay.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Saturday afternoon Trail Ride

Great Pictures of wonderful trucks and friends I sure look forward to being able to attend more of these in the future. Keep the pictures coming for those of us not able to participate and hope you all get home safe and sound.

rockman

Real time photos, pretty teckie like. Got to love that GA red clay and dirt. Was the weather mild for camping as I remember some fall camping temps around this time when I was down there.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Check with Clinto as to who got stuck on Friday, the Saturday afternoon ride was a bit better, with the major problem being a loose/broken torsion bar on the five ton tractor. Rain on Friday got the trails good and muddy, but the weather was cool and cooperated quite nicely on Saturday (and probably today also, since it's that way here and I'm less than 100 miles from them). They were going to break camp this morning about 10 (2 hours ago).

Blythewoodjoe

Well I'll add a few photo's. I think the only minor there was my daughter so she ended up in most of my pictures. She really liked the radio's in the M37. I would also like to thank all you guys that put up with her dancing, singing and playing duck, duck, goose (?), what ever that is. She insisted we leave Saturday but then when I got loaded she didn't want to get in the truck. My official "MV" was the CBC in the old crusty M105 bed. It didn't see the trails :roll:

Attachments

AMGeneral

Whew,Just got home from the GA rally,I had a blast,the weather cooperated after a short belt of rain on Fri.The trail ride on Fri night was,to say the least,MUDDY.Only 1 truck got stuck,I just about ran over 4 or 5 people with the M54(too much power) but all in all definetly a good weekend.But enough talk,PICTURES!!!

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Another rally in the mirror(s)...............

I hope everyone had a great time. I want to thank all the people who lent assistance at the event. Without the assistance of everyone, events like this simply wouldn't be possible.

I think we broke a record this year, the first Steel Soldiers rally with tracks!! I hope everyone thanks Papabear for bringing the m114, FAV, M37 and M38A1 from their museum in Columbus, Ga.

I will add some more later on. For now, bring on the pictures!

Here is everything I shot: http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/clinto1/08 Ga Rally/?start=all

Who has the video?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks