• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a Place to Drive Off-Road in the Deuce in KY...

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Well being city bound in Louisville is just no fun when you have the M35A2... But I'm at a loss as to where I can find a good place to drive my truck. Also going off road alone is boring, I'm thinking that Indiana and Kentucky Members should of a mini-off-road rally???

In fact why don't we create an off-road rally for the M35A2 two days 35mph for 8 hours that's what 560 miles? I mean no prizes just bragging rights?

What do you think?

Rolling_Eudaimonia

RE: Looking for a Place to Drive Off-Road in the Deuce in KY

Yeah I know about those I was looking for some place cheaper and closer to Louisville and perhaps with fewer regulations..

Matt1970M35A

Ive been looking for a place as well its boring just driving on road and over Hondas
I Talked with a clark county forest ranger. He may be able to let us in at the old amo plant
Hear in charlestown Lots of old trails we could use.

Barrman

Dave,
That place is huge. There is camping in the OHV area. No rest rooms, water or electricity though. There are 3 or 4 other camp grounds inside LBL that have all the normal camp ground stuff however. But, they are all 6-15 miles from the OHV. Except for the Fenton site on the Aurora side as soon as you cross the bridge. They have a single pot and nothing else. They do have a great pavillion and lots of parking space for trucks/trailers.etc... Along with being about a 5 minute drive to the nearest gas station.

We mostly all used the Wrangler horse camp. Water, power, real bath rooms and showers along with a store to get ice from. The horse people didn't really care for all the big green trucks. Which was all right since we didn't really care for the all the horse droppings in our tire treads.

kentuckycucv

I went after the big Ice storm there were lots of trees and branches down over the roads and trails...but a deuce might make short work of a few limbs down on a trail.

Numbers

Went last weekend to LBL (Land Between the Lakes). Two trails are open but none for vehicles. It lookd like a disaster zone still with trees sheared off like a bad hair cut. Some of the cabins took a beating at Kenlake area too. If you are a military card carrying individual or retired military they have rooms extremely cheap at the lodge and the buffet is one of the best around. No pictures except of the Buffalo area.

Blackbear

Trail harvest

There's no reason to call it a mini rally is there? I say plan it, get people to come, and call it a rally! :-D

I searched Ky rally and found this thread, I have a place in between Somerset and London,
decent hunting ranch I want to add some trails on, I was thinking about having a mini rally,
to harvest some trails have some fun, camp bonfire etc.
note some elevation change constantly so it's a challenge for some, winch almost required,
likely need more, any military dozer's out there.

Thoughts?

G.

Last edited by a moderator:

TDM

If your still looking for a place drive a deuce off road. There is place near were I live call pump jack off road park. Its wide enough for a deuce and plenty challenging spots too. I've been take my truck for the last two weekends and I really enjoy going there. You google for more info. Its located in Adair county Ky. Also has steep hills and some place I was afraid to drive because I don't have a winch on my truck and nobody has a truck big enough to pull me out.

Last edited:

Blackbear

I looked it up, do they have trail maps, not that I really use them, what about the area to drive the deuce?
what are you driving there? Looks like a wet mud run in that wedge, but it's not that deep yet, hard to tell.

TDM

When we go I drive my deuce there loaded down with 3 atvs. We like going there because it is close and big enough to enjoy with truck. Some them of trails was made by 6x6 trucks years ago when they brought in pumps and oil tanks. We're loading up and heading there Saturday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks