• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shepherdsville, KY

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw the ad in MVM and was considering going, but have so much work to do at home. Sunday would be my only option.

:?: Have you been there? Are there alot of 5-ton parts for sale? It is about a 2 hour drive for me, but it would be worth it if I could pick up some missing truck pieces.

Jeff

Mike_L

Shephardsville, KY

I've been going since 2002. Normally, a good gathering. There are the usual surplus dealers and vehicle displays. Each year I've been there, there has been one or two of the VN era gun trucks and an APC displayed. Often there is at least a couple trailors or trucks for sale. Maybe about 30-40 vendors on site? (I'm guess-timating)
As I recall, there are usually quite a few minor end items-generators, starters, bows, a canvas or two. Box loads of parts here and there. I don't recall seeing major end item parts like engines, trannies, and such. But honestly, I'm usually looking for M37 parts myself so I tend to gloss over a lot of what you would be interested in. I know there is a lot of stuff I don't look at 'cause "it don't fit my M37." Probably what you are looking for.

I've got about 3 hours to drive myself but heck, it's only once a year and they are good people so I'll be there probably Saturday.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info. Seems like its worth the trip to take a look.

I know what you mean - I'm the same way about "glossing over" the stuff that fits somebody else's truck :) . . . Although, I would bet that there are a couple of guys here that could identify just about any part you could throw at them. (some just by the NSN number, :) )

Jeff

Mike_L

Just got back a little while ago. The show was a little disappointing this year. Not as many vendors there, more displays than before-several period (VN & WWII) equipment & weapons display, 1 VN Gun Truck, 2 WWII tanks, 1 WWII tracked carrier, several M37, 2 1/2 ton, & 5 ton display trucks.

Most of the parts I saw were 1/4 ton (M38 & M151) and WWII Dodge stuff. One guy had some 2 1/2 ton parts, just a few. Very little of anything else. Of course, the surplus and miscellaneous vendors were out. Seemed to be more uniform and equipment vendors on site than MV parts dealers.

So, if you miss it this year, you didn't miss much as far as the 5 ton stuff. Depending on what you may have been looking for, it probably wasn't there.

Hopefully, next year's show will be better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks