• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rumor or Not - GL getting ready to Close some outlets

wsucougarx

That rumor is true. For the most part, the warehouses are being consolidated. However the yards will remain at most places. Every on the west will be located in OK.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How is OK, "west"? That's like 1500 miles from Los Angeles. Might as well say the "west" is NYC or Fl. What Einstein thought that up? Guess ya can't fix stupid.

wsucougarx

Yah, GL at FT Lewis were pretty fired up about the whole thing. In this case, GL is located right across the street from the tactical deployment center. We're talking about a 1/2 mile by a 1/2 mile size lot next to the railroad track. The only warehouse that is close is the GL warehouse. Seems Uncle Sam wants the better part of the warehouse back for storage. Can't blame them for that. It's a beautiful sight to see all those Stryker vehicles parked and ready to go w/MT Rainier in the background. Anyways, as far as vehicles (or what little they'll be getting in) will not change. They have plenty of parking for them.

Rickyoday

I was at Mechanicsburg last Wednsday for a pick up, and the guy there said that site was going to be closed. He wasn't in a good mood because I was late, so I didn't press him for more info. What site will take over, Cumberland, Annville, or Maybe Ft. Meade in MD? Rick

HAWKMAN

I called yesterday for an appointment and talked to Amanda, she said that all the stuff in building 206 was going to be shipped to Ohio next month,(November) also said that the yard at Mechanicsburg would remain open untill everthing in it was sold and picked up and after that it was going to be used for scrap,(which is now worthless) I may have misunderstood but fairly shure that's the jist of what was said.Hopefully some items get shipped to a base that I can drive to and back in a day.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, did a recovery last Mon, ohio will be getting LOTS of stuff from other GL sites. Might have to start a "pick up and store/ship" service!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there on online link to find out the future routing of where this stuff is going to go? I am concerned about the following sites (which are close to me):

Mechanicsburg, PA
Chambersburg, PA
Ft. Meade, MD
Aberdeen, MD
Richmond, VA
St. Juliens Creek, VA
Norfolk, VA

Michael

Part of GL's new contract was to get off of all the active duty bases. I don't understand why Ohio would be any different or is it a National Guard base? I would assume that is why the trucks are showing up at National Guard bases around here.

I posted links to the info a while back.

link added:

http://www.drms.dla.mil/sales/6AmendUPSIFBMaster.pdf

page 8 has an interesting statement in it.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Michael said:
page 8 has an interesting statement in it.
I'm guessing that you mean this one:

DLA said:
NOTE: Bidders are advised that national security decisions are currently pending that could affect the sale of demilitarization code B and Q items. These items may be removed from the product pool in the future.

Michael

Bow-man

I just picked up two fuel cells at Ft. Sill, OK., and was told that GL just leased a huge warehouse in OKC to house auction items. In fact, they were shrink-wrapping items while I was there to ship out. However, I was also told that it was only for indoor items, such as copiers, office supplies, etc., and NOT vehicles/trailers and such. The rep said that it was just too expensive to ship these items to a centralized point.

M1075

I just picked up two fuel cells at Ft. Sill, OK., and was told that GL just leased a huge warehouse in OKC to house auction items. In fact, they were shrink-wrapping items while I was there to ship out. However, I was also told that it was only for indoor items, such as copiers, office supplies, etc., and NOT vehicles/trailers and such. The rep said that it was just too expensive to ship these items to a centralized point.
Yep, OKC will be one of the national off-base warehouses, about 400,000 SF. They are hiring 30+ workers right now. Warehouse will be for indoor, palletized stuff only. No trucks/vehicles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks