• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP

Hoot_223

i got a 1983 Chevy 6.2 L diesel, went to change the Fuel/water sperator out the primary filter, and some air got in it and the Fuel system will not bleed out.

Dieselsmoke

There is a bleeder screw on top (black plastic screw). Well more of a "thumbwheel" than a screw. Anyway, open that up and have someone crank it over until you get fuel coming out.

Hoot_223

no i didnt, it bleeded up to the filter then i hooked the IP back up and ip Ran for about 30 seconds then died

Hoot_223

ok today we Cracked all the injector lines, and pulled all the glow plugs, and cranked it for a bit, and then tightened it all back up and cranked it a bit again and now it runs

captw

Hi...remove the pink wire from the top of your fuel injection pump, then crack the plastic air bleed screw on the top right side of the filter housing, then crank engine until most of the air and just fuel comes out the bleeder port, close the bleeder port, re attach pink wire and start truck...it may idle rough when first started so feather the throttle until it runs smooth...have a good day, bud!!

mangus580

I think he has already done this... and that is when it quit. I think at this point, he needs to leave the wire on, and bleed each injector, as he has air in the pump. But honestly, he really would be best to go ask at the link I posted, as alot of guys there do this for a living, and have TONS of experience with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks