• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine paint question?

KAILUAZ

I'm looking for ideas for engine paint on my military Mustang project, its a big block 460. I drove HMMWVs' in the Army and if I recall correctly the engine wasn't painted at all.

What vehicles had engines that were painted and what colors did the military use? I think I've seen some Cummings yellow engines. I was considering using POR15's Austin Healey Green, which is a olive green color.

Thanks,
Eric

Jones

An OD in the shade of your choice; 383 green, kahki, or ?, would be in keeping with a lot of MVs. If the engine's covered it's probably gonna be black, but if exposed during operation or maintenance in the field the tendency is to give it a coat of 383 green too.
Kinda hard to work camouflage around a big patch of Cat yellow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks